• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Region - General Discussion Thread

How long do you want games in our comps to play out for?

• 5 min halves

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 10 min halves

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • 5 min Pools, 10min Finals

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • 5 min games until final, 10 min final

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One way you could do a full world cup in the future is you give each of the 20 teams a random number , then once you have 20 ( or less ) participants you ask them each to pick a number out of 20 at random , obviously not counting numbers picked , & the corresponding team is their team .....so basically a lucky dip , i wouldn't be fussed getting Nambia , i'd just see it as a challenge, a bloody hard challenge lol but fun non the less.

One way you could do a full world cup in the future is you give each of the 20 teams a random number , then once you have 20 ( or less ) participants you ask them each to pick a number out of 20 at random , obviously not counting numbers picked , & the corresponding team is their team .....so basically a lucky dip , i wouldn't be fussed getting Nambia , i'd just see it as a challenge, a bloody hard challenge lol but fun non the less.

Was one of the ideas going into this one, but felt a few people would quickly abandon their campaigns after going down heavily in their first cup match. I accept that as great feedback for the next one though. Definitely will take it on board.

Much appreciated for all the work you're putting in CA :D looking forward to getting the ball rolling on this one, just hope that my connection holds up. If not don't mind forfeiting the first couple of games if I struggle to get a game going! Dunno if you've seen cmacs thread about doing the 'World Rankings' for the forum members, I've offered to do the Xbox ones anyway. I'm thinking it might be worth trying it out with just the players from the European Region league at first because it's where the most people are atm. Was just wondering, when a weeks fixtures are done, are you gonna be posting up a list of all in the fixtures so they're in one place?

Much appreciated for all the work you're putting in CA :D looking forward to getting the ball rolling on this one, just hope that my connection holds up. If not don't mind forfeiting the first couple of games if I struggle to get a game going! Dunno if you've seen cmacs thread about doing the 'World Rankings' for the forum members, I've offered to do the Xbox ones anyway. I'm thinking it might be worth trying it out with just the players from the European Region league at first because it's where the most people are atm. Was just wondering, when a weeks fixtures are done, are you gonna be posting up a list of all in the fixtures so they're in one place?

Exactly right there Thingimubob. Will be all up in one place soon enough. Right now though I better get ready for the World Cup opening now! :)

Was one of the ideas going into this one, but felt a few people would quickly abandon their campaigns after going down heavily in their first cup match. I accept that as great feedback for the next one though. Definitely will take it on board.
Yeah i was thinking about that after i wrote it , i wouldn't be bothered having the challenge of using a low team but some would probably rage quit the tournament if they lose to heavy early on , although i suppose their next opponent could just get a buy through on that game . If I was using Nambia or another low team i'd just set myself a goal of trying to reach the knock out stage & i'd be happy just doing that, be as big an a achievement as winning the cup with NZ , SA , Aus or England , Ireland , Wales Etc , maybe even bigger .

Exactly right there Thingimubob. Will be all up in one place soon enough. Right now though I better get ready for the World Cup opening now! :)

Awesome stuff :D managed to get a couple of decent games online last night so looking forward to playing in this!

Awesome stuff :D managed to get a couple of decent games online last night so looking forward to playing in this!

Well, I can tell you guys now, that due to the workload of trying to co-ordinate several regions at once, I'm pleased to announce that our good friend Raziel_Eire has accepted my request for assistance and he's going to take the bull by the horns and put up the first round of fixtures soon, with a small announcement regarding the home and away system. I'll let him take it from here. :)

Guys, I'm doing up the fixtures matrix at the minute so am locking in all current interested players - no new additions possible following this post! (sorry but I don't want to have to redo fixtures for the extra weeks needed for extra players).

In terms of the Home & Away fixtures, I'm proposing that both games are played in the same session - you've already arranged a day & time with your opponent, why not play the 2 games in the same session?
This will also help with the tournament length... as there are 15-16 players in each of the Xbox360 and PS3 competitions, with an aim of 1 fixture per week... I think 15-16 weeks is plenty long to see a competition through, doubling that time frame to allow for completely seperate away fixtures does not make sense in terms of sustaining interest for the competition duration.
So, both home and away matches of each fixture are to be completed in the same session or same week where players are not able to extend a session beyond 1 match.

There are 3 players who have recently requested addition to the competition:

1. bencedars - you mentioned your gamertag but no platform, so I'm presuming that you are using this as an Xbox360 term and so have added you to the Xbox360 competition (I've seen people use the term "gamertag" as a universal name for their online ID, which is why I'm trying to be specific!)
2. Ziplock - you've been added to the PS3 competition
3. Eridania - (EDIT: found in another thread that Eridania is on PS3, so you've been added to that comp) I still need your PSN ID confirmed!

I've removed "YesImAfroJack" from the Xbox360 competition as per their request.

All results are to be posted in the upcoming Fixtures/Results thread by the Sunday night ending that fixture week by one of the players in the fixture, with the opponent confirming the result (quote the result posted and just state "Confirmed")

I aim to have all week one fixtures listed in full and released by tomorrow night and repeated each Sunday night for the rest of the weeks, with a matrix showing all future fixtures also included at start of the thread.

Look out for the new thread coming this evening at some stage.

Last edited:
KK cool .
thx for sorting it out TRF CA Inversen & raziel-eire .

should get my game in this week with Cmac , both added each other on PSN and aranged a day/days when we'll be on .

Latest posts