Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Czech Republic

• Denmark

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
St's you sound very bitter mate, just take it on the chin bro. i didnt see the game as i was too tired from last night so i wont comment on the game untill i actually see the replay of it.
my two favourate teams are still in it, portugal and the netherlands.
the Czech's wont win it IMO. yeah sure they have been breathing fire in the group stages, but this is totally new to them. when the pressure's on i expect to see france go through and win it. although i really hope the homeside or the dutch do the buisness

Originally posted by shiznit@Jun 25 2004, 12:51 PM
St's you sound very bitter mate, just take it on the chin bro. i didnt see the game as i was too tired from last night so i wont comment on the game untill i actually see the replay of it.
But you already have commented!

When you see the goal we had wiped out you'll see why I'm fuming.

all ive commented on is you being bitter about losing. whats done is done, what ever happened beforehand, happend. no amount of crying like a little girl is going to make england win euro 2004. just get over it bro.

Originally posted by shiznit@Jun 25 2004, 01:42 PM
all ive commented on is you being bitter about losing. whats done is done, what ever happened beforehand, happend. no amount of crying like a little girl is going to make england win euro 2004. just get over it bro.
Don't mouth off until you've seen the goal. What's done is done, and we are out, but that doesn't mean the referee can be let off with gross incompetence.

We were robbed of a perfectly good goal, and that's hard to accept. I don't think I'm being bitter, I think I've been reasonable and apart from those who try to argue the goal should have stood, I don't think much I've said is wrong and definately isn't bitter.

All I can say is now that there is no England and no Italy the competition may take it's natural course
<

England. Haha. Enjoy the World Cup while you have it boys, you won't win anything for another forty years.

I think the most salient point is that after Rooney went off, there was absolutely no direction, no invention and no real bite to the English game, right up until the last few minutes of extra time, when they had to score. It's a pretty damning endictment that without an 18 year old kid playing, they looked a pretty ordinary team. Beckham was poor throughout the game, scholes and even gerrard were fairly anonymous, and owen, despite taking his goal well, didn't really appear to be a threat for the rest of the game.

Negativity costs England - BBC article

<

Was at a party watching the game and when Campbell's header went in the place went nuts, "2-1 to the England...". SOmebody stepped on the plug and pulled the cable out of the projector. 10 minutes later the picture was restored and it said 1-1. 5.00 ET1.

Couldn't f***ing believe it.

England haven't seemed to learn a single thing. France showed them what not to do after you go 1 up and what do England do, they do the exact same thing they did in the first round. After 3mins Englands mid-feid disapeared...Lampards only good touch in the game came at extra-time and when he took the penalty.

I'm not going to lie I was glad to see England go out, but I was disapointed that they showed no creativity whatsoever. The fact that they atacked 3 times and scored twice on the counter they should have noticed Portugals dodgy defence.
Prehaps not the English team but the English media are what turn so many people off them, every year it is like no other team exist, every year its Englands year they don't notice portugals disallowed goal instead they harp on for 20 mins aout theirs.

As for Rooney I'm glad he is injured, not out of spite or anything. I just hope thathis break
<
will allow the media to consentrate on someone else for a bit I mean look at what the media have done with Becks. IMO the ref didn't bottle it Beckham did.

Putting Phil Neville on with 35 mins to go was not a smart idea. Dyer and Joe Cole were both on the bench, as was Owen Hargreaves. Phil Neville!!!

On Fantasy Football after the Croatia game they likened putting Phil Neville on to Ronnie O'Sullivan playing snooker left handed.

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 25 2004, 11:17 PM
On Fantasy Football after the Croatia game they likened putting Phil Neville on to Ronnie O'Sullivan playing snooker left handed.
Except Ronnie O'Sullivan can play snooker left handed.

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 25 2004, 06:19 PM
England. Haha. Enjoy the World Cup while you have it boys, you won't win anything for another forty years.
Nothing great looms on your horizon either.

Tonight we have France vs Greece.

Can only see one winner but it would be nice to see the Greeks sneak through.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Jun 25 2004, 03:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Jun 25 2004, 03:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jun 25 2004, 06:19 PM
Nothing great looms on your horizon either. [/b]
The Tri-nations (RL) does.

Viera and Galas are doubts for the French tonight, if Galas doesn't play then Thuram will probably play right back with Desailly, shudders, coming in to partner Silvestre.

Originally posted by robbinho@Jun 26 2004, 02:46 AM
Fecking Greeks. Invented gayness, y'know....
<

"I hear you're a racist now father."
<

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 26 2004, 02:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 26 2004, 02:58 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 25 2004, 03:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jun 25 2004, 06:19 PM

Nothing great looms on your horizon either.
The Tri-nations (RL) does. [/b]
Should be nice too see the Kangaroos waste everybody by 40 points,

Unless they send a C team because they know that theres no point in wasting their time and risking injury

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Jun 25 2004, 01:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Jun 25 2004, 01:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit
@Jun 25 2004, 01:42 PM
Don't mouth off until you've seen the goal. What's done is done, and we are out, but that doesn't mean the referee can be let off with gross incompetence.

We were robbed of a perfectly good goal, and that's hard to accept. I don't think I'm being bitter, I think I've been reasonable and apart from those who try to argue the goal should have stood, I don't think much I've said is wrong and definately isn't bitter. [/b]
Shut up and go sit in the corner with Woodie, your in disgrace...
<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts