England A vs Scotland A - 27/06/21

uncapped but it does capture them
So england will tie down
Dan Kelly
Joes Heyes
Harry Randall
lewis Ludlow
big-bird-sesame-street-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other.gif

Tbh that's a lot better than I've come to expect from Jones. Would have preferred Sleightholme to Malins, but I can see that Jones wants some experience. Hope we see some ambitious rugby, rather than kick until there is an opportunity.

Also interesting that Ludlow is captain and not Ewels. Both are club captains, but obviously Ewels has more experience.

Out of those not picked who might be eligible elsewhere? Is it Capon and Rodd?

I was going to say that I thought Ludlow had already been capped. Then i saw there's a Lewis Ludlam on the bench that's been capped.

Jeeze - 9 players ruled out through covid (one positive, 8 contacts)
Team naming delayed until tomorrow

Hill... Played a fair amount of lock no?
Ah, genuinely didn't know that - just looked it up and he's same height as Itoje!

Yeah rumours that they want to move Hill to lock permanently...

Ah, genuinely didn't know that - just looked it up and he's same height as Itoje!
I am trying so hard not to rise to that!

Hill's a good player, but he doesn't really scream potential top class lock to me. A back rower who can cover.

Underhill and Dingwall are both injured, if anyone is keeping tally of EJs training gauntlet casualties

I am trying so hard not to rise to that!

Hill's a good player, but he doesn't really scream potential top class lock to me. A back rower who can cover.
Why not though? He's a similar size and weight to Itoje and is a very good lineout forward. If he wants to focus on lock, he has a lot of the right ingredients to be a 'potential top class lock'.

If I were him, I'd probably be doing the same. The quality at lock is nowhere near as strong as it is in the back row and if Worcester are happy enough with him making that move, I would back him to make a very good go of it.

Latest posts