• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

eb games Australia have broken the street date

has it been released today? i preordered on mightyape will it come out early on there too?

seems like it is just eb for now. perhaps others might follow once word spreads that eb has broken the date.

It's a shame that every shop in my town seems to hold to release dates even if they've been broken elsewhere. :(

this is confirmed
i am going now at lunch to track it down
but EB just told me over the hpone - "yeah man, came out today"

yo someone at HB tell your people to ship this game early to north America. no one in Canada cares about madden, give it to us

this is confirmed
i am going now at lunch to track it down
but EB just told me over the hpone - "yeah man, came out today"

If it wasn't only about 3 days difference I'd pay you to get me a copy too and send it AK. :) Sadly, by the time it got here it'd be right on release day anyhow. :(

Other parts of New Zealand seem to have the occasional street date breaker, but Invercargill hasn't got anyone who will. The guys at our EB Games seem to actually rub in that it's out the back, "but we can't sell it" with every ***le that comes out, so consequently I never buy from them.

Warehouse, Bond & Bond and Dick Smiths tend to have the best prices on release day dependant on which ones cheapest ***le by ***le. So EB's only edge here in NZ (doing things like breaking street dates) is something that wins them nothing in Invercargill. No wonder their shop down here is always dead empty. :lol:

dont do it CA - i ended up with 2 copies of RLL when it came out a week earlier over there
THIS IS CONFIRMATION - i've got the game, EB sold it - i am looking at the cover at work
I will be in the lobbies tonight

dont do it CA - i ended up with 2 copies of RLL when it came out a week earlier over there
THIS IS CONFIRMATION - i've got the game, EB sold it - i am looking at the cover at work
I will be in the lobbies tonight

YOU SON OF A...............rugby legend! You've got it and I haven't! :eek:

Oh well, at least I'll be able to hear some feedback from a real game lover about the difficulty on med or hard and editability etc. :D

I just sent this to EB Games customer support in New Zealand. :D

Hi, I'm enquiring about Rugby World Cup 2011 (in particular for PS3). The game was supposed to have an Aug 26th release date in Australia and New Zealand. The street date has been broken by EB Games Australia, so I'm wanting to know if New Zealand will follow suit. I'm an Invercargill local and your Invercargill store won't sell it. Currently EB Games is generally more expensive than The Warehouse for most games. An earlier release is one of the only reasons I'd go for something a little more expensive like EB Games. I want to buy it from you and would pay the extra, but if it's same day, lower price at The Warehouse and you'll let Aussies have this game first, then I'll go there instead.

Thanks very much for your time,

Craig Iversen.

Wonder how much s***t this shop is going to get in for doing this

I doubt much will happen. eb games is one of the biggest chain of stores in aus and nz so they have a lot of retail pull. a publisher definitely wants their game on eb shelves so at most they will get some tiny 5k fine if anything does happen.

Does online work?
Suppose you'd have to invite/challenge a friend to a match though as the likelyhood of two people who bought the game early being searching for a game at the same time would be pretty slim :p

Well, doesn't really matter to me because I'm going to have to wait a possible few days after the official release date just because I bought it on OZGameshop. :-(

Would be great to see videos pop up on Youtube though, then again maybe not...might spoil it.......

Well, doesn't really matter to me because I'm going to have to wait a possible few days after the official release date just because I bought it on OZGameshop. :-(

Would be great to see videos pop up on Youtube though, then again maybe not...might spoil it.......

I'm in the same boat, i got a copy for my brother whos birthday is tomorrow, I was going to give it to him late, but if I knew EB were gonna do this i would have just bought it at home

Does online work?
Suppose you'd have to invite/challenge a friend to a match though as the likelyhood of two people who bought the game early being searching for a game at the same time would be pretty slim :p

Haven't tried yet. Beat Canada in my first game 53-0 with Australia on Medium. Disappointed that you can only choose to play on Night in Sydney.

Latest posts