• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

There are alot of problems in Rugby 08 I've had it freeze on me a couple of times when my player gets injured and when the cpu does a high tackle the ref calls it straight away which is good in a way but I might be running towards the try line and get called back cause of the ref.

Also the rosters are a shocker but I guess if you have the time to change them around it'll be alright. But alot of players are out of position or have been craply rated maybe Pc version would be the better option.

i got it on the PC today and when i started playin it tghe game speed is extremely fast and difficult to defend and it jus confusin!!! theyr just runnin around lyk lmad ********!!!?? is this normal or whats the story with it????!!!! :blink:

right after 24 hours and a more level headed view i've discovered the game does play better than last years. Its harder to score and the AI isn't as stupid. I've settled into a master league which is proving quite fun. When the teams are low rated the game plays better i think.

the blindside defense if so easy to exploit esp. during a scrum where you have a scum midfield and the defense only has defenders on one side of the scrum!

and the advantage and penalty rule really annoys me in this game, kicking the ball equals end of advantage/advantage played. running it out equals that too! and free kicks are now penalties!

one of the only pro's a can come up is, is that cpu can score against me now

I was initially reasonably happy with the game, but the more I play the more annoyed I get. There are so many players not even on the game that are current national, regional, club team starters. Where are players like Nikki Walker? Filo Tiatia? Alun-Wyn Jones? Sorry that these are all Ospreys players but they are the team I am currently playing as

isnt alun wyn jones a starting second row for wales on the game. A.Jones??? or is that someone else??

isnt alun wyn jones a starting second row for wales on the game. A.Jones??? or is that someone else?? [/b]

I did think that the first time I looked at it, but I dont think it is, I think its Adam Jones. He was on the bench either this year, or last years 6N

Yes I thought that A.Jones was Wyn Jones as well as he is listed as a SR. I suppose if you check his age, height weight stats and they match up he's your man. There is another A.Jones as well who is the prop guy. Let me know if the lock Jones is Wyn Jones.
Bloody Welsh surnames. :(

So guys i got the game on ps2 and really want to sort it out with regards to rosters but dont know the easiest way of going about it, any ideas?

Has anyone managed to separate that special attacking options from the maul/ruck drive direction. It's infuriating when you drop the ball after passing it to the OH because some dodgy play has been initiated.

I managed to make it so as if I wanna do a set play I have to press any direction and tap L1 to cycle through the plays. This way I can scrum and maul without the annoyance of the set play at the same time. I don't use them anyway only on defence so most of the time I just disable the D-Pad and play without.

So guys i got the game on ps2 and really want to sort it out with regards to rosters but dont know the easiest way of going about it, any ideas? [/b]

Only way is to use the create player mode, and replace any players you diagree with.

I have to say, Iwas pretty disappointed with this game. Seems that the only thing they've changed is the camera movement and the drop goal controls. Nice, but as it's been after over a year since the last game, I was hoping for more - updated physics, new comentary, etc. They couldn't get away with this level of effort if it was Fifa.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the menus for the PC are basically console menus that have just been converted over for the PC? The mouse / keyboard functionality is poor and it takes AGES to scroll.

Yes I thought that A.Jones was Wyn Jones as well as he is listed as a SR. I suppose if you check his age, height weight stats and they match up he's your man. There is another A.Jones as well who is the prop guy. Let me know if the lock Jones is Wyn Jones.
Bloody Welsh surnames. :( [/b]

No A.Jones in the Welsh second row is Adam Jones the Scarlet, and A.Jones in the front row is Adam Jones the Osprey prop.

Can anybody please help me my game crashes every time I want to change the display settings and EA's support wasn't a big help

have you tried playing with the profile, have you got the latest video drivers?

what video card do you have?

Latest posts