• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Drew Mitchell Injured

Mitchell would make a good League player IMO but thats not where his country needs him. Nor do they need him injured

So unlucky he was in the form of his life before he was injured.

What? He was in the form of his life in 2010 and at the start of the 2011 Super 15 since then he's been constantly getting injured and was nowhere near as good during his latest comeback.

You have to wonder whether he has been forced back too quickly or simply injury-prone.
Poor bloke, was looking to be a top wing in 2010.

What? He was in the form of his life in 2010 and at the start of the 2011 Super 15 since then he's been constantly getting injured and was nowhere near as good during his latest comeback.

Exactly "Before he was injured he was in the form of his life". I never stated which injury, I should have worded it better.

Exactly "Before he was injured he was in the form of his life". I never stated which injury, I should have worded it better.

I knew what you meant bru. Hard to keep track of all his injuries.

This must be his third long term injury in a short space of time, it would be amazing if he could comeback one day to his best. But surely that many serious injuries in that short space of time will take its toll, and I fear we may not see him at his best again.

He is only 28, and we have seen players go to 33/34, so we could still see more of Mitchell, but I fear not.
His injuries are too severe for a top class wing to fully overcome. A very talented back, whom we never saw the best of.

Eh fair enough pity we'll probably never see him like this again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iir6p5CCoMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, who didn't see this coming?

I remember saying at the start of the Rugby Championship that I thought that Mitchell had been rushed back too quickly (again!), so I'm not remotely surprised that he got injured. A very unfortunate injury for Mitchell and Australia - I wonder they will consider bringing the Dom Shipperly into the squad (who is actually a right wing, and should have been in the squad all along...).

Shame, I actually really like watching him play, I think hes just what the Aussie squad needed right now. Aussies dont have many players of his gen with top level test experience

I think we'll be lucky to see Mitchell back at all for the Wallabies, which is a bloody shame really.

unfortunate final nail for mitchell. lyndon bray dropped his name a few weeks back as a player who would be suited to becoming a ref in the glen jackson mould, could be worth pursuing.

I hope dom shipperley comes in, not sure who else would be in contention

unfortunate final nail for mitchell. lyndon bray dropped his name a few weeks back as a player who would be suited to becoming a ref in the glen jackson mould, could be worth pursuing.

I hope dom shipperley comes in, not sure who else would be in contention

Lol, Drew wouldnt reff his own sons grand final game if there was no reff.

Latest posts