• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

December 1

Not too sure if it means anything, but just had an email from Amazon regarding my order, saying it was going to be delayed by 2-3 weeks... but basically I think they're playing it safe and don't think this means too much, although would say it means it's going to be later rather than sooner.

Any news from Ubisoft yet Trev? While you're onto them, tell them what a mistake it wil be to release the game AFTER Christmas....!!!
<
<
<

I think its best for everyone to forget about this game for now, when and if it comes it wil be awsome, but i think its time to stop holding our breath.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 1 2005, 08:50 AM
I think its best for everyone to forget about this game for now, when and if it comes it wil be awsome, but i think its time to stop holding our breath.
But i want it so bad.......
<

Bah. League Shmeague... We want Rugby! We want Rugby!

C'mon guys!!

We want Rugby! We want Rugby!

Yeah, you're right. It won't work...

We should all stand outside the Swordfish studios and chant that
<

or maybe not...
<

Im a huge union fan,but this game aint comin, its time to admit defeat, buy RL2, and hope that RC 2006 gets a release at all. Im just glad to hav a rugby game of some kind with a secure release date.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Dec 1 2005, 10:58 AM
Game will definitely be released. I hope to find out when tomorrow.
Thank you so much Trev. I really want to buy this game, it looks so awesome.

Cant wait
<

Dstore.com.au have changed their release date to Feb 23 and March 21. Why are there two products listed for PS2 and Xbox versions?

THIS IS TRULY AMAZING

AUSSIE SITES SAY

RC2006 - 21/3/2006
EA RUGBY 2006 - 23/2/2006

Christmas sales missed, AND EA will get in 1st

Man I hate when they release these genres so close to eachother...I need them all, but I know the better one will get all the time from me

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Dec 1 2005, 10:08 AM
Bah. League Shmeague... We want Rugby! We want Rugby!

C'mon guys!!

We want Rugby! We want Rugby!

Yeah, you're right. It won't work...

yeah sit down and be quite.

yeah it will be gay if they come out close to each other. i wouldnt even know which one to buy first. at least have them a pay check away from each other! and which one would i play first.... and buy the time these come out, rl2 might finnaly be released
<

That's just a stupid, stupid move if they release this a month after EA's. This game has been finished for ages, HB will never finish Rugby 2006 and it will be released unfinished. RC2006 needs to come before R06. Simple as that.
You're a casual gamer, you see a poster in your local game shop that says 'Rugby Challenge 2006. Featuring: Blah Blah NH cups and a faux SH cup. Unlicensed International teams etc Coming Soon', and then you see EA Sports Rugby 2006 sitting on the shelf. You pick up the box and read the back 'Featuring: 150 Billion Mo-capped animations, full licensing of the Super 14, fully licensed international teams. FIFA graphics' Which would you buy? you had no idea about either of them.
Of course you would go with Rugby 06, it has excellent graphics, and just the screens on the back of the box alone gives you screaming sexual desires, it has our favourite Super 14 teams in all of their licensed glory, and, above all else, it is released merely one week before kaftkas birthday, and one month before its only rival.

Now, we are a lot smarter than that, but think of all of the sales that will go EA's way rather than UBI/Swordfish's.

Silly, silly move.

.........If it happens.

[EDIT] just saw that it was RC2006 released a week before my Bday, not Rugby06.

Just in case you wanted to know.

Sambad I'm looking in your direction...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Dec 1 2005, 03:41 PM
is released merely one week before kaftkas birthday, and one month before its only rival.

.........If it happens.

[EDIT] just saw that it was RC2006 released a week before my Bday, not Rugby06.

Just in case you wanted to know.

Sambad I'm looking in your direction...
ooh, if those are correct...

r2006 comes out 3 days before my bday
<

and yes - if i saw r2006 and rc2006 lined up against eachother - i dont think that me being in the game would mean that i would buy it first. atm, i intend on buying both - but alot of people would only get one, and more people would know that ea's one will come out, so if it gets released first A)they will buy it and then find out there is a alternative or
<
well i forgot what B was...

and whys you looking at me punk?

Guys I have to agree with you that it would be quiet a silly move by Ubisoft to release it the same time as it`s competition who have a much bigger marketing machine to drive there`s, so I would have thought Ubi might use their brains and released there`s first to get a head start in sales.

Not that I think all ours hopes and wishes will be answered by us banging away on this forum(I wish they would) as it is looking like the game will be released in Feb due to the fact that there has still been no adverts or any kind of marketing yet for this game.

How frustrating it must be for the the developers who have no say at all when they know that they have put in all the hard work and have no say in the release at all.

Still living in HOPE and trying to KEEP THE FAITH!!

Heres a wee thought, perhaps Ubi are puuting together marketing to try and boost sales rather than releasing it unadvertised and slipping under the radar?

Latest posts