• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Round 8

Man, I am done cheering now, what a win!!! Disgraceful red card for Dixon. There was motion forward by his leg, but it was not deliberate.

Reinach my man of the match, and it's not even close!

Man, I am done cheering now, what a win!!! Disgraceful red card for Dixon. There was motion forward by his leg, but it was not deliberate.

Reinach my man of the match, and it's not even close!

Reinach for us, Akona for the Bulls.
Dixon wasn't great, but that red was harsh, to say the least.
I was about ready to have a go at Kyle Cooper if he caused a penalty reversal.
It's a win. Poor conditions, but we scored two nice tries. Four points on the log and onto next week.

With the poor decisions by the TMO, I wouldn't be surprised if he judged that as foul play. Beating the Bulls by 1 point while scoring 2 tries

With the poor decisions by the TMO, I wouldn't be surprised if he judged that as foul play. Beating the Bulls by 1 point while scoring 2 tries

My thoughts exactly. Bosman needs to fix his boot. Not good this week or last week.
Those seven points would have been nice.

This picture sums it up perfectly:

2yvnlgo.jpg

Amazing match, Reinach the best player on the field by a mile! McLeod can **** off to PE.

What an ugly match that was...

Weather was dreadful, the kicking was awful, the reffing was awful, the handling was awful... and the result was awful!

Sharks deserved the win, and Dixon shouldn't even have been penalised! Typical Johan Meeuwesen f***-up!

Congrats Zeke!

Thanks man. It's one of those matches that could have gone either way. You say Sharks deserved the win but to be honest, you guys were able to get through 5+ phases without knocking the ball on. My biggest question is how Ludik is still not in the Bok team! Again phenomenal last night, together with Reinach.

The penalizing was awful. The red card a disgrace and I was afraid Meuwesen was going to award a penalty at the end for foul play. Happy with the win, but again the trailing team at half time, wins in the end.

WP - Sharks
Sharks - Lions
Bulls - Sharks
Sharks - Cheetahs
Lions - Sharks
Sharks - Bulls

That's 6 out of 8 matches this season where the leading team at half time lost in the end...

Game between Griquas and Cheetahs were awesome, really great match. Rhule was excellent this time around Eze :p

35-20... :(

Lions winning in Cape Town is even worse, 9-22. This means the Sharks and Lions are steadily at the top of the log but the Lions need to lose man. I cannot take another loss at Ellis Park.

Rhule was good on attack, as always, but he is poor on defense, even today that was visible. He scored the 4th try after a forward pass which wasn't ruled as such by the TMO

35-20... :(

Lions winning in Cape Town is even worse, 9-22. This means the Sharks and Lions are steadily at the top of the log but the Lions need to lose man. I cannot take another loss at Ellis Park.

Rhule was good on attack, as always, but he is poor on defense, even today that was visible. He scored the 4th try after a forward pass which wasn't ruled as such by the TMO
Come on WP, get it together! I am supporting them today, so they had better not let me down.

It's a pity about his defense but if that improves I can see him at least on the bench for SA. Marnus Schoeman is another great player, I'm hoping he can play for the Cheetahs come Super Rugby time. Another Willie Le Roux/Downey arrangement with the Griquas

Damn.
Can we still feel special for winning at Newlands?

Just over a half and hour until the main event!

Well, looking at the Griquas, they have a number of players who would fit in with the franchise. Le Roux, Schoeman, Landman, Brummer, Boshoff, Stemmet... Marnus Schoeman will move to WP soon I feel. They are the only big province without a good fetcher.

Rhule is still young and he can improve, but he does not belong in the Bok squad, not even close.

Damn.
Can we still feel special for winning at Newlands?

Just over a half and hour until the main event!

Doing it twice in 3 weeks? Yes, that is special. Remember, we outplayed them both at Super Rugby and Currie Cup level at Newlands. The only reason the Lions win there is because they only lose 3 players to Bok duty while WP are without Liebenberg, Malherbe, Etzebeth, Bekker, Vermeulen, Habana, de Villiers and de Jongh. Sharks are without 12 players, Bulls lost a couple as well.

That is why I am partially glad Janjties has been called up. snoiL get the privileged of Bok callups.

If we end up in another final at Ellis Park, we need our Boks to be playing at their highest level. Just imagine if we have Lambie, Mvovo, Pietersen, Mtawarira, Coetzee back... Man, we cannot lose a final twice at Ellis Park.

If we end up in another final at Ellis Park, we need our Boks to be playing at their highest level. Just imagine if we have Lambie, Mvovo, Pietersen, Mtawarira, Coetzee back... Man, we cannot lose a final twice at Ellis Park.

Maybe Meyer is resting them for us...
Conspiracy theory time!

Yeah, that must be it. Lambie is on the bench so he is well rested when we play the Currie Cup final...