• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Round 6

As much as I love Botes, how dare you try and discard him!
What is the deal with Hoffmann? He was never given a shot. Hoffmann would be a good option off the bench.

Hoffmann has struggled with injuries and just doesn't show the consistency needed to challenge McLeod. Botes just deserves a chance to make some money. We have Daniel, Alberts, Deysel, Coetzee, Kanko, Kleinhans and Stander to cover 3 positions. We can survive without him. And I know you have a mancrush on him.... so off to Newport!

Hoffmann has struggled with injuries and just doesn't show the consistency needed to challenge McLeod. Botes just deserves a chance to make some money. We have Daniel, Alberts, Deysel, Coetzee, Kanko, Kleinhans and Stander to cover 3 positions. We can survive without him. And I know you have a mancrush on him.... so off to Newport!

Honestly, I'd welcome him with open arms. Let's face it, we have only one openside right now and he is still transitioning from the blindside.

Yes, and we have this backrow:

6. Daniel-Kleinhans
7. Coetzee-Stander
8. Kankowski-Alberts

That's enough depth for us and Botes is already stuck on the bench or outside the match 22 during Super Rugby. Looking at our depth at the moment, I really like what we have.

1. Beast-Chadwick
2. Bismarck-Burden-Hadebe
3. Jannie-Herbst
4. J. Marais-P. Marais
5. Bresler-du Toit
6. Daniel-Kleinhans
7. Coetzee-Stander
8. Kankowski-Alberts
9. Reinach-McLeod
10.Lambie-Bosman
11.Mvovo-Sithole
12.Steyn-Whitehead
13.Jordaan-Joubert
14.Pietersen-Ndungane
15.Ludik-Viljoen

No love for Jean Deysel?
If he can return to form, he should push Alberts.

Whitehead might find himself first choice inside centre if he continues (and Plum has sense).

Do you guys see the Griquas beating the Blue Bulls tomorrow?

NO!!!!! Completely forgot about Deysel haha. Imagine that! Even better... And yes, Whitehead is more threatening, better defensively and fits into the system already.

Do you guys see the Griquas beating the Blue Bulls tomorrow?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them win. I really hope so. Griquas are pretty much save when they win tomorrow.

Blue Bulls are lacking consistency; Griquas are fierce at home. On paper that Blue Bulls side should win, but Griquas don't just roll over. Also, Ligtoring Landman is one of the best names I have ever heard.
You can't bet against a team with him in it.

Well, looking at the Griquas team, you can see their strength.

Marnus Schoeman is maybe the best openside flanker we have at the moment in South Africa. He is a pure fetcher. Brummer is not the lesser of the two between him and Fouche, maybe even better. Marnus Hugo, Jean Stemmet and Jannie Boshoff showed what they can do but the true strength is of course the full-back. Willie le Roux is a definite Springbok in the near future.

Francois Brummer, another that we almost signed (Dragons 'we', not Sharks 'we') [the jersey-swapping ******* I am].
Willie has no chance of becoming a Springbok with Zane playing.

The thing with Louis is he has got a very good boot. Give away a penalty inside your 10m and he'll give it a go.
His boot just kept us out of the game two weeks back.

My predictions for this weekend:

Griquas - Blue Bulls Griquas by 11
Free State Cheetahs - Golden Lions Golden Lions by 5
Natal Sharks - Western Province Natal Sharks by 2

I honestly think the Sharks match will be a very, very close one. Things can go either way and these 2 teams are so well-balanced... Every meeting between them is a coin toss.

I really feel Griquas will pass the ball wide and take advantage of the weakness in the defensive areas of the Bulls. Unfortunately I have to work, but I am recording all 3 matches so I can watch them tomorrow night.

Bulls have looked so off form the last two weeks, simply a mess. Especially in Kimberly I think Griquas take it as well.

But I think they take it by more than the single point you predicted ;)

Griquas in the lead by 18-0 after 20 minutes already! 2 tries (1 converted) and 2 penalties

Edit: 23-0 already haha

Tries: F Brummer, R Jansen, W Venter
Conversions: F Brummer
Penalties: F Brummer x 2

Another 3 points, dropgoal by Brummer.

Rudy Paige scores a try for the Bulls, converted by Louis Fouche and one by Wepener. 26-12 now