TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Free State Cheetahs.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Eastern Province Kings.png

By ending last in the Premier Division, the Free State Cheetahs are forced to play the Eastern Province Kings to see who plays in the strength-versus-strength Currie Cup premier division. The Kings, who clinched the ***le in the First Division last week, will travel to Bloemfontein first and play at home the second week. The aggregate result will determine who goes up and who goes down.

The Cheetahs were in contention of the Currie Cup play-offs right up to the last day which shows how close things can get. After being granted a spot in the Super Rugby competition as a new franchise, the main province, EP Kings will try to fight their way towards the top in South Africa as well.

The Cheetahs are without several key players, which they have been missing for a while now. The Kings' biggest loss was captain Luke Watson who won't be travelling to Bloem for the first match because of an injury.

WOuld you trust Andries Strauss at 12 in this one? He'll be playing for the Kings next year and I'm sure he'd much rather play premier division than 1st.. not saying he'd through the game but I wonder just how much motivation he could muster in a crunch situation.

I refuse to think along those lines, I have trust in SA rugby players - nice conspiracy theory though
One man does not change a match and he can be replaced if this should cross the mind of the management team and how they observe it on the day

Last edited:
I refuse to think along those lines, I have trust in SA rugby players - nice conspiracy theory thought
One man does not change a match and he can be replaced if this should cross the mind of the management team and how they observe it on the day

Yeah I agree... just like Jannes Labuschagne changed the game for England vs The Boks in 2005 (i think)... One player doesn't change the match...

I refuse to think along those lines, I have trust in SA rugby players - nice conspiracy theory thought

I'm not saying he'd do anything on purpose. He seems like a decent guy in any case. My question is how much commitment can he possibly show? Sure he is a pro player so one would expect a pro attitude but in rugby passion plays a big role and how much of that could he possibly conjure up seeing as he is in effect opposing his team? It'd be like sleeping with your wife when you're all but divorced; forced.

Im hoping the EP go up.

But i think the Cheetahs will win and remain in the Premier division.

I'm not saying he'd do anything on purpose. He seems like a decent guy in any case. My question is how much commitment can he possibly show? Sure he is a pro player so one would expect a pro attitude but in rugby passion plays a big role and how much of that could he possibly conjure up seeing as he is in effect opposing his team? It'd be like sleeping with your wife when you're all but divorced; forced.

He scored two tries bud, guess better not to think that **** up in the first place

Rude Awakening EP, rude awakening
S15 about 2 to 3 times tougher that this game... have fun now

Kings up 6-0, but down to 14 for the rest of the match, after Falie Oelschig was sent off for punching.

The Kings need 4 tries for the Bonuspoint and need to win by at least 39 points. No way that is going to happen.

Falie Oelschig cost the Cheetahs a lot of games when he was still playing gthere
Now he is F**ing things up for the Kings as well, he should not be given another contract

Latest posts