• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Free State Cheetahs - Natal Sharks (17-09-2011 15:00)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein (17-09-2011, 15:00)
Free%20State%20Cheetahs.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Natal%20Sharks.png

Ref:

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] Free State Cheetahs [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] Natal Sharks [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Hennie Daniller [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] Stefan Terblanche [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Riaan Smit [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] Sibusiso Sithole [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Robert Ebersohn [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] Marius Joubert [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Philip Snyman [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] Meyer Bosman [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Cameron Jacobs [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] Lwazi Mvovo [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Johan Goosen [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] Frédéric Michalak [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Piet van Zyl [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] Conrad Hoffmann [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ashley Johnson [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] Keegan Daniel (c) [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Philip van der Walt [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] Jean Deysel [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Pieter Labuschagne [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] jacques Botes [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Izak van der Westhuizen [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] Alistair Hargreaves [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Francois Uys [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] Anton Bresler [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Coenie Oosthuizen [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] Eugene van Staden [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Adriaan Strauss (c) [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] Craig Burden [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Marcel van der Merwe [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] Dale Chadwick [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Hercu Liebenberg [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] Kyle Cooper [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Trevor Nyakane [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] Julian Redelinghuys [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Wilhelm Steenkamp [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] Jan Andre Marais [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Boom Prinsloo [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] Marcell Coetzee [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Tewis de Bruyn [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] Ross Cronje [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Sias Ebersohn [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] Adrian Jacobs [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Adries Strauss [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] Louis Ludik [/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

Ross Cronje won't be travelling with the Sharks to Blome since he is playing for the National Club Championships with College Rovers...

Other players unavailable (due to injury)

- Charl McLeod (shoulder)
- Ryan Kankowski (broken thumb)
- Ross Skeate (head injury)

No Sharks team announced yet but I hope to see some talent coming through the ranks again... Maybe Groenewald

Well, apparently Ross Cronje is in the squad after all... Good thing!!!

It's a pity for Rovers though, will have a strong squad this year, hoping Adongo can finally step-up, disappointed as he seems to have gone down hill. Should really have gone and played 7s with Kenya, wouldn't have stagnated if he did.

As for this game... Not confident that we can win, my money will be on the Cheetahs :(

Anyone else see Mark Lawrence is retiring from international reffing?

Last edited:
Yeah, we even opened a thread for it... It's a shame... 2 weeks ago he proved once again he is one of the best referees in the world during the Bulls-Sharks match. Clear, loud communication, knowledge of the rules and keeps his head cool during a match... It's a loss for test rugby but he is still reffing Super15 and Currie Cup so he is not lost for good

Now that all this world cup pish is over for this week, we can get down to some real rugby.

Nothing better than a Sharks/ Cheetahs clash on a sunny Saturday afternoon, when everywhere else in the world is suffering from torential downpours and loose, happy Irishmen running amok in the streets.

Unless of course said Currie Cup encounter is in Durban, but we all know that Bloemfontein is many of the Sharks' players home away from home.

Gaan die Haai!

Edit: **** me, its one thing watching him do it to other teams, but Goosen is ripping us a new one. :(

Last edited:
Damn, now thats a snot/fish klap!
Well done Cheetahs!
Take note of this Goosen kid, I think he is the real deal, he is a complete flyhalf. Cant wait to see what he can do against stronger opposition in S15. Coenie Oosthuizen, you cant help but love watching that guy play.

Goosen has been a big prospect ever since he got famous for an 80m penalty goal at college level... It seems he is more than just a big boot and is very effective as a fly-half... Man, this will cause some Bok dillemma's in a couple of years...

Fly half: Lambie, Goosen, S. Ebersohn
Full back: Visser, Ludik, Taute

Ohw, and am I the only one who thinks that it won't be Habana to break the try-scoring record but Fourie?

Goosen has been a big prospect ever since he got famous for an 80m penalty goal at college level... It seems he is more than just a big boot and is very effective as a fly-half... Man, this will cause some Bok dillemma's in a couple of years...

Fly half: Lambie, Goosen, S. Ebersohn
Full back: Visser, Ludik, Taute

Ohw, and am I the only one who thinks that it won't be Habana to break the try-scoring record but Fourie?

You mean school level? he is only 19.

The Bulls' Jurgen Visser?

The Sharks tackling in this game was absolutely shockingly dire, Jacques Botes and Oupa together couldn't stop a jogging Johnson, typical of the match.
We looked much sharper when Cronje came on, and oddly enough with Bosman at 10 instead of Michalak.
Every game for the last two seasons I have thinking 'WTF are our forwards doing in the rucks, you can't just dive over and seal it!' We have gotten away with this for a long time, we got pinged on it today and it effectively cost us the match.

Yes! That Visser ;)

I think he has it in him to become a major full back. Only 21 years old and able to break the defensive line at will

Well, if Kirchner, Stegmann, Potgieter, Olivier and Ralepelle can make the Bok squad, I think Visser has a serious chance to say the least ;)

Aye, but since when does making the Bok squad qualify you as a 'major fullback'?

Interestingly enough, I thought Kirchner, both Potgeiters and Olivier had stellar games yesterday :eek:
Can't believe WP missed the conversion, missed out on vBookie :(

Well, it is always somewhat of a guess to see if a player makes it... Jaco Taute is by far the most promising full-back, but with Lambie and Goosen being both fly-halves (and Jantjies) we might see Taute on the wing with Lambie or Goosen full-back

I myself am a little over-zealous when it comes to my opinion(s) on our young players as you might have seen, and a little negative when it comes to the Bulls' players efforts :p

Maybe I am a bit more objective... They have some massive talent in Pretoria but as mentioned before, it's the place where running rugby talent dies haha

Latest posts