• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Free State Cheetahs - Blue Bulls (10-09-2011, 16:05 GMT)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein (10-09-2011, 16:05 GMT)

Free%20State%20Cheetahs.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Blue%20Bulls.png

Referee: Marius Jonker
Last three games in Absa Currie Cup:
• 24 July 2010: Toyota FS Cheetahs won 25-23 in Pretoria
• 11 September 2010: Toyota FS Cheetahs won 20-14 in Bloemfontein
• 23 July 2011: Vodacom Blue Bulls won 33-30 in Pretoria

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR]
[TD]Free State Cheetahs[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Blue Bulls[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hennie Daniller[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Zane Kirchner[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Riaan Smit[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Akona Ndungane[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Robert Ebersohn[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Wynand Olivier[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Philip Snyman[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Francois Venter[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cameron Jacobs[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Bjorn Basson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Johan Goosen[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Louis Fouché[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Piet van Zyl[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Jano Vermaak[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ashley Johnson[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]CJ Stander[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Philip van der Walt[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Dewald Potgieter[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pieter Labuschagne[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Warwick Tecklenburg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Izak van der Westhuizen[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Juandre Kruger[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Francois Uys[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Flip van der Merwe[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Coenie Oosthuizen[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Werner Kruger[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Adriaan Strauss (c)[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Gary Botha (c)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marcel van der Merwe[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Dean Greyling[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hercu Liebenberg[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Willie Wepener[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Trevor Nyakane[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Rossouw de Klerk[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wilhelm Steenkamp[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Gerrit-Jan van Velze[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Boom Prinsloo[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Arno Botha[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tewis de Bruyn[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Dustin Jinka[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sias Ebersohn[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Francois Brummer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Philip Burger[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Jurgen Visser[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Hope the Cheetahs thrash the bulls, just imagine them missing out on the play-offs...

Hope the Cheetahs thrash the bulls, just imagine them missing out on the play-offs...

If there is one form of compempt I will struggle to criticise, it is that shown towards the unwashed :)

Well, well Mr. Kirchner is back at 15 I see, last weeks Bulls game coupled with a thread here revealed to me why I don't like Jurgen Visser's play.

He is a carbon copy of Hennie Daniller!

Speaking of Vissers, you see Ezequiel that Tim's brother, is it Peter?, is lining up with Edinburgh?

Cheetahs 22 has been confirmed and added to the topic start

van de Westhuyzen has definitely gone off the radar, think he has only not announced his retirement in case somone needs him for an emergency (not even sure he is still contracted to the Bulls)

van de Heever is a much simpler case, he's been struggling with an injury.

Anyone mind the plethora of 60 metre kicks in this game?

It's been a difficult season for the Bulls as they have tried many different combinations in key areas. The battle was hard and physical with different players sticking up their hands and some that did not. Everybody expected the Cheetahs to thrash the Bulls in every department but especially on the ground were they struggled against a Shark team that always seem to play excellent rugby at Fort Loftus. The Cheetahs played into the hands of the Bulls by defending their lead rather than trying to put the game out of reach.

The young fly half Goosen impressed me with his general play, he looks likely to be a big name player in South Africa. Cheetahs have a tendency of brining in talent from their junior ranks.

From the Bulls side I like the talent of Francois Venter its still early days for the youngster but he can become even better with time. Would like to see him work on his speed and maybe he will become a more regular thorn in the flesh of his different opponents.

It’s been a difficult season for the Bulls as they have tried many different combinations in key areas. The battle was hard and physical with different players sticking up their hands and some that did not. Everybody expected the Cheetahs to thrash the Bulls in every department but especially on the ground were they struggled against a Shark team that always seem to play excellent rugby at Fort Loftus. The Cheetahs played into the hands of the Bulls by defending their lead rather than trying to put the game out of reach.

The young fly half Goosen impressed me with his general play, he looks likely to be a big name player in South Africa. Cheetahs have a tendency of brining in talent from their junior ranks.

From the Bulls side I like the talent of Francois Venter its still early days for the youngster but he can become even better with time. Would like to see him work on his speed and maybe he will become a more regular thorn in the flesh of his different opponents.

Yes, the Bulls did well to get the draw and I'm glad both teams are backing our youngsters; Goosena and Venter were the 2 stand-out backs for me at the u20 RWC earlier this year and Jaco Taute has allready become a fixture at the Lions. In the forwards Arno Botha (Bulls), Siya Kolisi (WP) and Eben Etzebeth (WP) were the ones that impressed me the most. So many other young guys as well have come through lately that it can only be good for SA rugby over the coming years and I am glad these boys are getting their chances and taking them rather than moving overseas.

In Durban we have some young talent coming through the ranks as well, and all teams play very attractive rugby. Guys like Marcell Coetzee, Mark Richards, Sibusiso Sithole, Ross Cronje, Wiehahn Herbst and Anton Bresler all got a lot of gametime this Currie Cup season.

Only Bresler is Namibian, so we won't be using him in the Bok squad, but every other player mentioned might turn out to be a wonderful addition to the Bok squad

I think Bresler will hang around and try his luck with making the Boks, which is a pity, imagine how much better Namibia might have been doing this WC if Marcell Coetzee and Bresler were there?

Latest posts