• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cipriani

In fairness... Ryan's managing to relegate Wuss, Woodward and Dawson are rentagobs and Cueto and Diamond are biased...

Having read Lancaster's comments, I reckon Cips' chance of getting the England 10 shirt is somewhere between that of Bergamasco and Mickey Mouse.

Plays in the North.....but not in Yorkshire.
No chance while that white rose b*stard is in charge of England :p

I bet he almost came to blows with Farrell over Wigglesworth.

That's nothing... Nowell is on the phone to Stuart as we speak telling him he's Cornish not English!

In fairness... Ryan's managing to relegate Wuss, Woodward and Dawson are rentagobs and Cueto and Diamond are biased...

Having read Lancaster's comments, I reckon Cips' chance of getting the England 10 shirt is somewhere between that of Bergamasco and Mickey Mouse.

What's Lancaster said that makes it unlikely Cips will get a chance?

Having now read Lancaster's actual comments and not the second hand version I saw I might upgrade that slightly, but only slightly. If you're not ahead of Stephen Myler and Henry Slade, where are you as an international fly-half, with all due respect to two good players? Lancaster has not been fond of flair players throughout and has put a very scant premium on experience at the backs. He just doesn't look like a Lancaster player at all.

Having now read Lancaster's actual comments and not the second hand version I saw I might upgrade that slightly, but only slightly. If you're not ahead of Stephen Myler and Henry Slade, where are you as an international fly-half, with all due respect to two good players? Lancaster has not been fond of flair players throughout and has put a very scant premium on experience at the backs. He just doesn't look like a Lancaster player at all.

Just seen Lancasters comments myself. Confused me how someone who is currently behind Myler and Slas can be told they are in with a shot of making the squad for the NZ Tour. How does the, according to the current squads, 6th best flu-half in England become one of the top three or four in the next few months?

Would love to hear what Lamcaster had told Cips he needed to improve on.

If anything I think it's probably just "keep playing how you're playing". Obviously everyone's main concern isn't "does he have the potential to play a good game?" but "can he play consistently?"

And to be honest, he has this season. Given the choice between Burns or Cipriani on form, it'd take a fool to choose Burns. Obviously Burns is a much younger player with brighter career prospects but Cipriani really hasn't put much of a foot wrong this season. He's clearly got his faults, but if a talented player shows marked improvement on his weaknesses (and doesn't have a big dip in form or some off the field incident) there's not much more you can ask.

If anything I think it's probably just "keep playing how you're playing".
I think it'd either be this, or the exact opposite.
He'll have either been told that, yes you've played well this season, but you have to keep it up for the rest of the season before we'll consider you ready.
Orrrrrrrrr Lancaster will have told him to dumb down his play, kick a lot more, and generally be boring as f**k, cause that's the(/his) English way.

I think it'd either be this, or the exact opposite.
He'll have either been told that, yes you've played well this season, but you have to keep it up for the rest of the season before we'll consider you ready.
Orrrrrrrrr Lancaster will have told him to dumb down his play, kick a lot more, and generally be boring as f**k, cause that's the(/his) English way.

How wrong can you be, Farrell at 10 is always making breaks and doing little offloads rather than just kicking everything away poorly........oh no wait that's just in my dreams.

Lancaster must like average flyhalves if myler is in the squad. Great at the basics but that's it!

I get the impression Lancaster just likes players who do as they are told, anyone else is a "problem player"

Cipriani is a genuine candidate.
Surely you should pick from the form guide of how the England prospects are playing in their respective pubs?
Cips has been doing a pretty good job at a pretty ordinary club.
However, when Flood up and says he's off to France a year before the RWC you have to think Flood is certain in the knowledge that He's not going to get a look in passed the Farrell family.
Farrell won't want Cips in the mix because if Cips has a cracker of a game out of the blue, and he has shown he can do it, it's going to put the cat among the pigeons for young Owen, the King in waiting.
So Farrell tells Big Stu that England need to look at developing youth to keep Cips out of the frame.
For me it's kind of, not that Cips has done enough to command a spot, but it's very hard to look passed him at the likes of the two young lads Lancaster is talking about in the press.
What if the young pups get injured?
Daddy Farrell will call Charlie Hodgson out of retirement to make young Owen look quicker...

I think Cipriani won't get near team as he's to flamboyant for Lancasters style. You look at all 10s their conservative 10s that fit his gameplan

I think Cipriani won't get near team as he's to flamboyant for Lancasters style. You look at all 10s their conservative 10s that fit his gameplan

I wouldn't say ford plays a particularly conservative game. Admittedly, taking Myler up is a bit of a kick in the teeth, but Burns and Ford both play with a bit of x-factor.

I wouldn't say ford plays a particularly conservative game. Admittedly, taking Myler up is a bit of a kick in the teeth, but Burns and Ford both play with a bit of x-factor.

But Ford is a very safe "does basics well" kinda guy. Burns won't get next to near starting for England

Surely you should pick from the form guide of how the England prospects are playing in their respective pubs?

Look, I know the standard of rugby isn't great here, but, really, it's a bit more professional than that...

Has anyone considered the fact that does has been more consistent and that is why he was picked by Lancaster?

I don't really think there is a conspiracy. Cipriani has had problems of some kind at every club and until this year hasn't been playing the same way week in week out.

Lancaster has said, work hard stay consistent and aim for end of year tour, I think that's fair. Consistency wins matches not one super pass and ten **** ones.

If he keeps up his standard I recon we will see him in New Zealand which I think we would all be happy with.

The thing is, I can't see Lancaster dropping any of the current 10s, and you don't need 5 fly halves for a tour, even with a midweek game thrown in.

The one thing that's in his favour is that the finalists have to miss the first test. If, at the time of the next eps, all of Bath, Saints and Sarries are top 4 then there's a chance he may get in, but I'd still say that's slim as England will still have 2 10s regardless, and then 36 who could cover from the pitch.

Latest posts