• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chiefs vs Crusaders

M

Mehrtsisagod

Just in case you need to change some players in your Test Rugby team here are the starting squads.

Chiefs: Mils Muliaina (capt), Lelia Masaga, Richard Kahui, Callum Bruce, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Stephen Donald, Brendon Leonard, Sione Lauaki, Tanerau Latimer, Liam Messam, Kevin O'Neill, Toby Lynn, Ben Castle, Tom Willis, Simms Davison.
Res: Aled de Malmanche, Ben May, Jay Williams, Faifili Levave, Jamie Nutbrown, Dwayne Sweeney, Sosene Anesi.

Crusaders: Scott Hamilton, Sean Maitland, Casey Laulala, Tim Bateman, Caleb Ralph, Stephen Brett, Andrew Ellis, Mose Tuiali'i, Richie McCaw (capt), Kieran Read, Ali Williams, Brad Thorn, Greg Somerville, Corey Flynn, Ben Franks.
Res: Ti'i Paulo, Wyatt Crockett, Ross Filipo, Nasi Manu, Kahn Fotuali'i, Hamish Gard, Kade Poki

go the chiefs :)

not long now until game time... pretty nervous about this one as the chiefs are in good form

my cantabrian friend is coming over to watch the game and he'll cry if the crusaders lose

I changed the topic to simply Chiefs vs Crusaders, may as well make it a conversational topic. :D

This should be an absolute cracker, now I have to find a way to sneak out of work early to watch it!

Claim a sickie. Make up a long disease name and claim you can't be around people as it's contagious. THis actually works :p

Chiefs will win! This will be the game of the season as both teams are on form.

I suspect that there will be an upset with the Chiefs edging out the crusaders for the win. Although I usually would go for Chiefs 90% of the time in this situation, Im going for the Crusaders since I want to increase the chances of the canes securing a spot in the top 4.

The Crusaders were dreadful by their standards, the Chiefs defense was rock solid though only time they conceded a try was from a mistake. I can definetely see them making the playofffs now. Whos their opponents in the last 4 matches?

The Crusaders were dreadful by their standards, the Chiefs defense was rock solid though only time they conceded a try was from a mistake. I can definetely see them making the playofffs now. Whos their opponents in the last 4 matches? [/b]

Reds, Force, Lions and Sharks. :huh:

<div class='quotemain'> The Crusaders were dreadful by their standards, the Chiefs defense was rock solid though only time they conceded a try was from a mistake. I can definetely see them making the playofffs now. Whos their opponents in the last 4 matches? [/b]

Reds, Force, Lions and Sharks. :huh:
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, thats a nice run in except they have to play the Sharks in Durban which could be tough. I can see it coming down to that final game.

Neither team played particularly well. It was great to watch for the most of it however.

On another not: If you watch Ellis' try (I'm not sure if it's part of the upload) you'll see that Tuiali'i clearly pushes Leonard over :p

Stephen Donald to me has to be close to a AB's call up, he's been in great form of late!

Anyways, Crusaders just got the old shut downs, lucky to get that try that Ellis got. Nasi Manu didn't need to stretch his arm out for him to score that try thats why he lost it.

Chiefs turning out to be a thorn for Crusaders, 2 years in a row. Lovely result and Chiefs WILL make the play offs. Hope they maintain their form for a few more weeks!

Dammit. I wanted the Saders to be home and dry so that the Chiefs wont be Stormers competition. The Stormers have to win now.

PS. Thanks Reds. I love it when countries dash their own hopes. :)

In general the Force have been poor this year, they had a couple of good performances but have scrapped alot of wins. Looks like the Stormers will need 4 wins out of 4 now to make the play offs, im worried about the Canes game <_<

Damn I definantly wasnt expecting that result. How about that crusaders foward stuffing up that try.

As usual its taken the latter half of the season for the chiefs to start rolling towards the finals. I hope they havent left their run too late again, but i think they might scrape thru winning at least 3 of their last 4. Donald had another ripper. Def should be in contention for an AB spot. I wouldve paid the disallowed crusaders try. Ive seen much worse groundings then that get given the benefit of the doubt.
Overall....chiefs on fire and it was probably a loss the crusaders needed to refocus on the ***le campaign.

Hmm im not sure of Donald, until about 3 or 4 games ago he had a terrible season. Has to be Evans for me with, Gopperth on the bench.

Latest posts