• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Channel Nine Commentators

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 13 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ABC radio fellas
O'keefe n co are 1000 times better!
Radio is always better in sport - they get away with alot more, so they very extreme and comedic at times[/b]

Indeed i love listening to them o'keefe really pushes the boundaries which is great and yeah generally good commentary.

Mark Taylor gives me the shits but hell Richie Benaud is a f**king legend dodgy suit and all. B)

As for Tony Greig...i've got this book of cricket sledges and i read a classic one with david hookes when he debut for Australia at then a young age of 21.

Tony Greig: When are you balls going to drop sonny?
David Hookes: I don't know but at least i play for my own country.

Onya hooksie (RIP) a South Australian cricket legend.

:lol: Owned its one thing playing for another country its quite another abandoning it for england.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Feb 8 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 13 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ABC radio fellas
Radio is always better in sport - they get away with alot more, so they very extreme and comedic at times[/b]

Indeed i love listening to them o'keefe really pushes the boundaries which is great and yeah generally good commentary.

Mark Taylor gives me the shits but hell Richie Benaud is a f**king legend dodgy suit and all. B)

As for Tony Greig...i've got this book of cricket sledges and i read a classic one with david hookes when he debut for Australia at then a young age of 21.

:lol: Owned its one thing playing for another country its quite another abandoning it for england.
[/b][/quote]

well be glad Pietersen did as well, otherwise that last series could have been utter carnage for the Aussies.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 8 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Feb 8 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ABC radio fellas

[/b][/quote]

well be glad Pietersen did as well, otherwise that last series could have been utter carnage for the Aussies.

[/b][/quote]

Bullshit he wasnt good enough to play for South Africa why do you think he plays for the pommies. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Feb 8 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 8 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Feb 8 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ABC radio fellas

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Bullshit he wasnt good enough to play for South Africa why do you think he plays for the pommies. :lol:
[/b][/quote]

that's right then keep deluding yourself over that :lol:

Er...yeah, you keep telling the South Africans that mate ;)

Also, I'd be verrrry careful when talking about South African Exiles. The circumstances of their departures are way too blurred and uncertain. This isn't Australia where the likes of Dan Park simply "aren't good enough to play for their country."

I'm not looking to turn this into a political debate, merely commenting on the cricket and what could have been for SA. You ask any South African who they'd prefer to have in their side Pietersen or MacKenzie? On a pure cricketing logic you'd go for Pietersen every time.

Also, I'd dare say that thanks to the better quality coaching they have at national level in South Africa you'd be able to iron out his tempestuous creases which make him send shots sky high when on 97 for example ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 8 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, I'd dare say that thanks to the better quality coaching they have at national level in South Africa you'd be able to iron out his tempestuous creases which make him send shots sky high when on 97 for example ;)[/b]

true but that's Pietersen's natural game, it's what we love him for, or that's what some commentators would have you believe, utter rubbish, his decision making at key moments leaves an awful lot to be desired and is something he needs to work on and it should in no way hinder his natural game.

We have to look at the great Sir Viv Richards and his decision making. He was initially as wild was Pietersen is at his worst but he managed to mould that and hammer it into an incredibly confident, aggressive and yet controlled character.

I wonder though will Pietersen do anything about it though, the size of his ego tells me likewise. There would have been plenty of players in the Windies squad with the balls to stand up to Viv, whereas I doubt there are in the current England setup.