• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 20/21 - Round of 16

Definite knockon, what a howler from the ref/TMO

Can tell Sheedy is Biggars heir with how he talks to the referee

Just to check, have all the hairdressers in the UK been closed for the last 3 month, because all the English teams seem to be haircut challenged :)

My last haircut was just before christmas.
In the last 12 months I have had 2 haircuts.

Before my haircut in December my fringe went past my chin

Are you aware of Scotland's historic enmity with England (largely unreciprocated) and Auld Alliance with France? :)
of course I am, but I am also aware of the pressure on the EPCR to give English and Irish teams the best chances they can, contractual obligations, and TV rights to renegociate next year.
But I am watching the game on BT3, so I can see and hear where you are coming from. Still did you hear some of the exchanges between the ref and the TMO, it does not need any additional comments.

Joking, surely?

He been shocking to both sides, but definitely favoured the home side with some of these calls
I am not sure which calls you are refering to? Bordeaux had two players carded for what looked like benign offenses and the ref tried his best on several occasions to find a good reason to penalize the UBB or cancel tries, but definitely could not. And the French TV directors cannot show anything else but what shows on camera.
I understand these results might be disappointing, but quite frankly, the BT3 comments are hilarious. Do you really think Bristol deserved to win this match? And that the ref did not give them every opportunity to?
Some of you guys should look at the French rugby boards and read what they think the refereeing was like, it might give you a different perspective

Last edited:
The refs are Scots, are they? It seems to me they are not exactly giving Bristol a heavy hand...
I have no respect for anyone who defends this clear corruption of French TV director or officials. NGL I've had a few but I'm actually ****ing fuming.

2 Scottish 2 French officials and French in charge of TV, the latter outright cheating all game.

Ref
Scotland- Mike Adamson (No issue, did his best)

Assistant Referee 1
France- Thomas Charabas (suspect)

Assistant Referee 2
France- Luc Ramos (suspect)

TMO
Scotland- Neil Patterson (questions need to be asked)

TV Director
France- ??? (Cheated throughout, no regard for player welfare never mind sportsmanship or integrity of competition).

of course I am, but I am also aware of the pressure on the EPCR to give English and Irish teams the best chances they can, contractual obligations, and TV rights to renegociate next year.
But I am watching the game on BT3, so I can see and hear where you are coming from. Still did you hear some of the exchanges between the ref and the TMO, it does not need any additional comments.
Je suis Austin Healy...

of course I am, but I am also aware of the pressure on the EPCR to give French teams the best chances they can, contractual obligations, and TV rights to renegociate
FTFY

And I'm out to cool off.

I am not sure which calls you are refering to? Bordeaux had two players carded for what looked like benign offenses and the ref tried his best on several occasions to find a good reason to penalize the UBB or cancel tries, but definitely could not. And the French TV directors cannot show anything else but what shows on camera.
I understand these results might be disappointing, but quite frankly, the BT3 comments are hilarious
You English are great guys, but so self righteous and extremely sore losers...
I actively wanted Bordeaux to win (because of Vadiiiiiiim), I'm very much not a 'Always support your countries clubs' guy, as discussed earlier in this thread - so that's wrong for starters.

But the Bordeaux try that went to TMO was grounded short
Higginbotham was a yellow for a deliberate knockon
The hit on Randall was, at minimum, a penalty - but could've been a yellow (I think red would've been too far though)

Didn't watch this game but seems to have been a friendly noncontroversial affair.

"And here we have Shane Williams, Wales top try scorer and 3 Heineken cups and Chris Ashton, a former Sale player with a few cups himself too"

Yeah well done you stupid tart. Chris Ashton, record holding top try scorer in Europe but he's not Welsh so you make no effort to get it right.

I have no respect for anyone who defends this clear corruption of French TV director or officials. NGL I've had a few but I'm actually ****ing fuming.

2 Scottish 2 French officials and French in charge of TV, the latter outright cheating all game.

Ref
Scotland- Mike Adamson (No issue, did his best)

Assistant Referee 1
France- Thomas Charabas (suspect)

Assistant Referee 2
France- Luc Ramos (suspect)

TMO
Scotland- Neil Patterson (questions need to be asked)

TV Director
France- ??? (Cheated throughout, no regard for player welfare never mind sportsmanship or integrity of competition).
Another scenario could be that Bristol was just beaten by a better team. But it seems you did not explore this one thoroughly enough. Maybe you should cool down, let the beers go down the drain and review the match.

Looks like 3 french sides in the semis.

Still, I'd fancy whoever comes out of Leinster/Exeter against all of them, except maybe Racing.

I actively wanted Bordeaux to win (because of Vadiiiiiiim), I'm very much not a 'Always support your countries clubs' guy, as discussed earlier in this thread - so that's wrong for starters.

But the Bordeaux try that went to TMO was grounded short
Higginbotham was a yellow for a deliberate knockon
The hit on Randall was, at minimum, a penalty - but could've been a yellow (I think red would've been too far though)
What is really funny (and that is one of the great things about this game) is that on the French rugby boards, everybody thinks the UBB won in spite of the ref whose decisions were often negative (Try initially disallowed, knock-ons, yellow cards) but quite often contradicted by the TMO. Personally, I did not see any Higginbotham knock on, I think both yellow cards were extremely severe and I also saw Bristol not being able to break the Bordeaux defense except on one occasion. And on the Jalibert try, I have no idea, but why would a TMO reverse the ref decision if he is not convinced he has to?
And what is just as funny are the angry shouts at the corrupt TV officials...

Latest posts