• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup pools 2016/17 season

Shame for the travelling fans. I'm a fan of bath. Always had a good welcome from the home fans.

Short memories ... I'd take laboured, ugly wins over last season

Yup - I'd rather win ugly than lose ugly; at least we now do get plenty of nice rugby to watch as well; even if it IS interspersed with kick & clap.
There's plenty to indicate that once we actually get the semblance of a settled team, we'll improve - as opposed to a bunch of increasingly disinterested individuals who looked like they couldn't stand each other.

Bloody hell Batty, look at him go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's a (BP) try to make any aged hooker cry.

Surely he gets subbed after that

ETA: Yup, though he did make it to the touch line under his own power

Yup - subbed off; he could barely walk to touch after that - maybe they should have looked for blood to give him 10 minutes to recover.

Front rowers aren't designed for 50 metre sprints at the beginning of a match, let alone 65 min.

Bath still not really clicking for me, but haven't really had to. If Cardiff were playing Leinster or Ulster it'd be a hell of a lot more.

edit

A scrum half now on the wing?! Barrel scraping comes
to mind haha.

Last edited:
Injury crises are never fun - so glad we're emerging from ours.

Were just not looking coherent - almost as if several of these players haven't played together before... which they haven't.

Massive trip on Mathew Morgan there. Slide tackle a football player would be proud of.

Wilson half a mile offside at the kick - but these things tend to go your way when you're on top.

Didn't see the "trip" as my stream was playing silly buggers.

Bath were the better team, and Cardiff scrambled well; but the red card really killed that game.

Ford's gotta be a complete idiot if wants to stop standing in the middle of Faletau/Fotuali'i and Tapuai/Joseph

Unfair if he hates Craig that much that he wants to leave that surely you should look at Craig no?

If it's hating Craig (on Daddy's behalf), then he needs to grow up - so yeah, I'd still consider hima complete idiot IF it's that.
Of course, there are many valid reasons to hate Craig, but none of them have come to light since Ford signed for us in the first place.

If it's hating Craig (on Daddy's behalf), then he needs to grow up - so yeah, I'd still consider hima complete idiot IF it's that.
Of course, there are many valid reasons to hate Craig, but none of them have come to light since Ford signed for us in the first place.

disagree with the first point I can understand completely why he might find it tough.
1) Craig is a prick
2) Craig sacked his dad
3) What did his teammates say about his dad?

He is obviously close with his dad he left Leicester to go to Bath becuase of him, so it is quite understandable. (Now if he moves to the same team again then yeh it very much is a daddy's boy case).

1) is a valid reason, and not "hating Craig on Daddy's behalf"
2) needs to grow up
3) is nothing to do with Craig

No problem with someone being close to their dad (though rumours suggest that he's no longer close to dad); but an adult would realise that Craig did the right thing, and did it in the right way. Quittnig in protest that your boss fired an incompetent employee... that's childish.

In fairness, leaving a club with the then (sorta) incumbent England fly-half to go to a club with a vacancy in the fly-half position might not have been completely down to wanting to be with his father.

1) is a valid reason, and not "hating Craig on Daddy's behalf"
2) needs to grow up
3) is nothing to do with Craig

No problem with someone being close to their dad (though rumours suggest that he's no longer close to dad); but an adult would realise that Craig did the right thing, and did it in the right way. Quittnig in protest that your boss fired an incompetent employee... that's childish.

I don't believe those rumours about Mike to be honest looking at everything since.
Also I reckon the way Eastmond was treated didn't help as he and George where friends. (Both being northerners and League backgrounds, also Eastmond was a favourite of Mike).

In fairness, leaving a club with the then (sorta) incumbent England fly-half to go to a club with a vacancy in the fly-half position might not have been completely down to wanting to be with his father.

Just going off what I was told by a reliable source which says Mike was the main factor in getting into Georges ear.

Latest posts