• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Calum Clark "incident" with Rob Hawkins - Arm Break

was merely making the point that 4 days after the incident and a day after the citing that a real Saints fan WOULD have had a frigging clue what it was all about
talking of selective reading "Hense (sic) England players only get long bans just before the season ends (e.g. Manu Tuilagi)."

He was viewing the thread on his phone = no video.
sorry I forgot phones don't have video.........oh! hang on a minute!

Last edited by a moderator:
you must lead a sheltered (and isolated life) if you think my questioning your support for a rugby club is personal abuse, really that's very amusing. I apologise for hurting your feelings

you must lead a sheltered (and isolated life) if you think my questioning your support for a rugby club is personal abuse, really that's very amusing. I apologise for hurting your feelings
Whatever. Keep on topic or **** off, eh?

The hearing is today. Hawkins' arm was broken in four places, which I believe the committee will be taking into account.

6.30pm, I think (was supposed to be morning but got put back again)
Looking forward to seeing what he gets.

I think around 6months, to be honest - He's not French so a mega-ban will be unlikely

I think around 6months, to be honest - He's not French so a mega-ban will be unlikely

I can't think of many players banned for more than a year in professional rugby, to be fair to David Attoub I think he probably deserved his ban but in comparison to others banned for the same offence (Schalk Burger 8 weeks) he was given a very unfair ban

Attoub is the only case I can think of in professional rugby of a player being banned for over a year for an on pitch incident (Brennan was banned for an off pitch one)

tumblr_lzs4sni39d1qbmaizo2_500.png

Free to play from November 2nd.
Pretty fair ban, imo. If it was fully intentional then it should be longer, but there's no way of knowing what was going through his mind, so that's fair enough.

Probably the right amount of weeks, but I feel as though with the off-season not being far off, he's getting away with it slightly.

Probably the right amount of weeks, but I feel as though with the off-season not being far off, he's getting away with it slightly.
Agreed - I think they need to give out bans in terms of games, rather than weeks - or at least postpone them over the off season.

Good point amount the off season.

Should the banning rules be looked at to enable discplinary hearings to ban offenders for a set number of games rather than a period of time. How much rugby will Clark actually miss in those 32 weeks.

He deserves to have a long spell out, and looking at Youtube it seems this is not the 1st time he has transgressed.

For players getting banned for lengths of time, does the time of the ban get factored in? More than half of this ban is going to happen in the off-season...

lol, already covered.

I suppose he'll also miss South Africa during the off-season. Not sure he'd have played much of a part anyway. I'd have used him in mid-week games.

Last edited:
Well what did you expect, he's in the EPS.

I expected him to miss the whole of next season.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet tw-align-center"><p>Calum Clark misses 3 months of rugby for a criminal act. I will be banned for 9 months if I tweet criticism. Jeepers.</p>&mdash; fuimaono-sapolu (@Eliota_Sapolu) <a href="https://twitter.com/Eliota_Sapolu/status/185472964110712832" data-datetime="2012-03-29T21:06:15+00:00">March 29, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We can live in hope that racist shithead gets banned for 9 months anyway.

Latest posts