• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bulls Unveil New Jersey And Sponsor

1. The SA teams won't be having the same shirts. Western Province/Stormers still have a contract with Adidas, Sharks only got a contract with Reebok last year.

2. About the logo: The Blue Bulls logo is used on flyers, advertisement etc. but the flower is the logo of the old province Noord-Transvaal and is used on the chest. That's all I know. Maybe a Bulls supporter can shine a light on this?

I dont know if anyone would be seeing this post as it is quite a while this question has been asked but i'll answer it with the facts i know of... P.S i am i bulls supporter from south africa

The flower on the jersey is known as the "barberton daisy". It's a flower thats indigenious to the northern transvaal region and in the old days because northern transvaal was known for this specific flower they chose to put this on the northern transvaal (now the bulls) jersey. Pretty much like western province have their indigenious flower on their shirts. The reason this flower is still on the shirts is because of the historic value this emblem has because they played with this emblem since the 1940's. The bulls were formerly known as northern transvaal. In the 1950's there was a player known as louis schmidt. Every time he ran with the ball his mustache would go forward and from the side it would look like 2 horns pointing forward and that's when one journalist started reffering to norhtern transvaal as the blue bulls because their jerseys were blue and this mustache was symbolic of a bulls horns. And all those other logo's are only used for marketing and training wear etc etc but on match days they play with the flower because of it's historic value. I hope this helps

QUESTION:

If they are the "Bulls" what's with the red flower emblem. I thought that the Bulls logo was this

bulls_logo.gif

and the Blue Bulls was this

Blue%20Bulls%20logo.jpg

I definitely get what you mean - doesn't make sense to me either. And, to be plain honest, I think the flower emblem ruins the look of the shirt. It doesn't look any manly at all. With the flower it is more like a woman's / girl's shirt for me. And I do not see a connection to the bulls at all.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

This is priceless

Wahhhhhhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

Sorry

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

To clarify a bit further.. Hannon is saying; "My work here is done"- he used to host a make-over show on local television.

Ha ha, I can see what happened here. The Baby on the right is crying because of dads choice of jersey!! And the one on the left is crying because of his twin brothers jersey next to him! lol

Latest posts