• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues v Bath

S

Sir Speedy

And the match begins with Jiffy unintentionally yelling into his mic, "OH, IT'S A VERY STRONG SIDE THAT IS. JUST LOOK AT THE FORWARDS, MUN!"
Seriously, are the BBC paying these commentators extra if they promote the EDF during the games? :huh: Seriously, give it up guys, with any luck the competition will be gone next year.

Now, onto the game: early penalty for Bath, though a break through the middle leads to a try for Cardiff from Molitika.

5 - 3, with a conversion in front of the posts to come.
7 - 3 after 5 minutes.

Well that was a waste of 40 minutes.
Bath's inability to finish costing them dear; knock-ons and turnovers at rucks barely metres from the Blues' tryline mean that their only score has come from Maddock's boot; who missed a second penalty, incidentally.
13 - 3

That was, overall, a very entertaining game.
Bath f***ed up way too many times and in certain respects should have been winners in the game, but Cardiff were resiliant. They were scrappy when they needed to be and took the points when the definitely needed to.

Each and every person at the Arms Park obviously saw that Jason Spices should have gone off for his high tackle.
I mean, we all know Spice is a filthy f***er and to not go off after trying to decapitate that Bath player is just criminal.
But in the end i think cardiff were deserved winners - and they are continuously bringing me enjoyable games, which i am ever grateful for considering Os can't do that right now.

This is hardly a surprise... Guinness Premiership club plays their B Team in <strike>Mickey Mouse</strike> EDF Cup...

The English sides don't take this serious, they would rather concentrate on Heinken Cup and the Guinness Premiership... Does this bother me?? Nope... I would rather see Bath finish in the top 4 of the league and get to the Quarter Finals of the Heinken Cup, than win the EDF Cup...

Didn't see the game but by the sounds of it the B Team were playing how they have been playing for the last couple of weeks...

All I say is Thank f*** When the Premiership starts again... Christ I have missed it...

Oh yeah... Well Done Cardiff... may you progress, I guess you only have two options to play competitive options...

To be fair, the Blues didn't exactly have their choice of players this week, what with a few of the boys in the Welsh camp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 31 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To be fair, the Blues didn't exactly have their choice of players this week, what with a few of the boys in the Welsh camp.[/b]

Young decided not to pick all the Welsh players! And to be fair it was a good showing from our understrength side!

If English sides don't take silverware seriously that their problem, we'll take the win (and 6 games unbeaten) thank you. Good luck Ospreys and Scarlets tomorrow and Sunday! There were a few times in that game when we could have used a Roberts break or a Halfpenny run, but I think the forwards fully deserve that victory and the tries. Getofmeland can take his pathetic B side team and get of our land! (Wales are gona rule next week, I hope...)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lukascd @ Nov 1 2008, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If English sides don't take silverware seriously that their problem, we'll take the win (and 6 games unbeaten) thank you. Good luck Ospreys and Scarlets tomorrow and Sunday! There were a few times in that game when we could have used a Roberts break or a Halfpenny run, but I think the forwards fully deserve that victory and the tries. Getofmeland can take his pathetic B side team and get of our land! (Wales are gona rule next week, I hope...)[/b]

The EDF cup is the equivalent to the Carling Cup in football, certain teams play a younger less experienced side to see how they do and give the match day skills, if they win great if they lose well they aren't to bothered... We already have two Competitive Competitions, a competitive league (something the magners league wouldn't understand) and a european cup competition, and I would actually prefer a third which involved the National League 1,2 and 3 sides facing Guinness Premiership, not facing the top 4 sides in Welsh Rugby, as they all qualify for the Heinken Cup anyways, so the likelyhood is we will play you in that. The competition is a waste of space for the English teams, it is a testing ground...

It only seems to be the Welsh sides which are interested in it.. because lets face it what else bar your 3 Heinken Cup Places and Playoff place do you have to fight for? Not like you can get relegated and lose millons?

In Wales we like rugby, we enjoy playing and watching it; what we don't enjoy is crappy England forward play which makes up the tough Guinness premiership competition. If you think the Magners league is not competitive then you are wrong, it is definitely more relaxed because as I said us Celts actually enjoy the game and don't treat it as a hard grafting job and make it boring for the fans. I think you are greatly underestimating the Welsh sides (Remember that the players from these sides destroyed England at Twickenham last year) and your own B teams, because I would rather watch a bath b team vs a Welsh region than two forward driven premiership sides. (the fact that Leicester had their full strength squad against us in round 2 confirms that some English sides take it seriously and are still dominated by us 'lesser Welsh sides') And don't even mention the Heineken Cup where Cardiff has already beaten Gloucester and Bath only won by 4 points against Newport-Gwent Dragons (which in my opinion they should get hung for); also the fact that Munster has won the Heineken cup twice in three seasons and they belong to a 'lesser league' shows what utter bullshit is flowing from you!

Time after time you hear the same old moaning from the Welsh fans, saying boring forward play Rugby from England... All I can say to that is you obviously haven't seen Bath play in the Premiership this season, or last season or even the season before that... The key reason Magners League sides do well in Europe is because they are able to rest players, because whatever happens they know they will get in the Heinken Cup next season and will also be in the top league for their division... Whereas the Guinness Premiership, we only have a set number of places in the tournament and have to compete, week in week out to stay in our league, Bath have been near the drop a couple of times, but never faced it, but when a team like Northampton goes down, a team who got to the Semi Finals of the Heinken Cup the same season, surely that shows the competitive nature of the Guinness Premiership...

You say Bath ONLY won by 4, thats because the Dragons defended well, they were on the backburner for about 70% of the game and held their line well, by any chance did you watch the great forward performance between Bath and Toulouse?? As for England, and the Welsh "destroying" them, you won by 7 Points, that's hardly destroying them, also you look at the England Squad that tournament and it not the England A team which the Fans would pick, and if you want to get into the facts just before the World Cup England destroyed Wales by 62 - 5...

And don't give me the whole Bullshit thing... Last Years Guinness Premiership was more exciting than the Magners League... This year seems to be going the same way with More teams being able to compete for the top places...

All I am simply trying to make a point of the only teams interested in this Mickey Mouse competition are the Welsh and some of the English Teams... Even the Fans can't be arsed with this, because we all know it is a joke dreamt up by two clowns of rfu's. Give us a proper Domestic Cup rather than something just to give the welsh regions a bit more cash...

Yeah, you've got a fair point about why English clubs don't like the EDF, but to say Magners isn't competitive just because we don't get relegated?
You know that if a team goes down in the premiership you know they're almost certainly gonna bounce back up the next season, given the huge gulf in class between your two league. I mean how many bonus point wins did the saints have last season. I don't actually know if they lost at all. It's not like it the end of the world for the relegated team.
And to say that ML teams only do well in the Heineken Cup is because they can rest their players and know that they're gonna be in the HC next season. Yeah, i agree you've got to be very unlucky or play very badly to not get into the HC, but you say that ML teams do well in the competition because they get to rest their players?
Ok, but if they have the luxury of being able to rest their players then when they do reintroduce the players back to the game then surely they need some quality, competitive sides to play against otherwise they're gonna crumble come the time they play against the big dogs in the HC, no? Where are they going to find the competition if not in the Magners league.

I can understand you may have said a few things out of the heat of the arguement, but don't be ignorant.
If your league is so much more superior than ours, then wouldn't that reflect internationally?
And at the end of the day, that's all that matters in our game, isn't it? How our teams fare against the better opponents that currently lie in the SH.

I agree, I think we should concentrate our efforts at the moment to beating the SH until the six nations return. It was quite funny what getofmeland was saying about us Celts winning Heineken cup matches cause we can rest our players (not quite sure what the point was there, was it that English clubs get tired of playing rugby?)

Back to the game tho.
How funny was it when Mustoe charged down maddock from right in front of the post during conversion time?!
Lol!!!
I hope the bath team give him a ribbing for a long time to come after that! :lol:

That's the first time I've ever actually seen that first hand, the TV replay really doesn't give credit to the acceleration of Mustoe. Brilliant

I totally agree with you there.
Mustoe is a quick bugger and i think he's constantly trying to prove his worth - and fair play to him, i say.

Well when playing rugby at schoolboy level, I was always told to charge any kick, conversion or penalty... You just don't see it happen in Rugby any more... and the kickers aren't expecting it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 2 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Nov 2 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 2 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mustoe is a quick bugger and i think he's constantly trying to prove his worth.[/b]
Unlike Jonny Vaughton.

[/b][/quote]

Got to be honest though, while he was on the field, he wasn't too bad today.
[/b][/quote]
I think we were watching different games RC! :D
I thought he was absolutely awful.

He didn't really cut it as full back but didn't make too many mistakes, don't think Bowe should have got man of the match, it should have gone to one of the L Irish wingers

Latest posts