• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Arrogant south africans

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...***le-contenders/story-e6frf4qu-1226005500698

These types of comments have a really annoying habit of biting you in the arse.

Sorry but I really don't see the problem. It's just one of those things pointed out and magnified by the media in order to get the debate going. Well done on that point ;)

Totally unrelated but why do NZ/Aus bloggers keep typing things like 'should of' instead of 'should have' and use 'then' for 'than' etc? Is that standard English in Australasia?

Yeah I think so, but a lot of us do say 'should have' its more like 'should've' though. Maybe its just more convenient to write 'should of' then 'should have', ohh I dont know Im just speculating.

We even have our own spelling of a few words like honour for instance, some other countries spell it honor with no u in it. Why??...I dont know, I just follow the rest of the gang.

I think it's probably cos of the way we pronounce 'should've', it sounds a lot more like 'should of' haha.

So, how is this arrogant? They say they fear the NZ teams and the Bulls and Sharks the most - they don't write off the Oz teams as far as I can tell... This has been blown completely out of proportion, you can't say every teams is the biggest threat...

Yeah I think we've pretty much established the article is rubbish, we've now moved on to the improper use of grammar by the author of the article.
Do try to keep up :p

So it is improper then? I'm interested as I am interested in getting my English continually improved as it is the international business language. At least until 2016 when we should all probably be learning Mandarin.

"Should've", "would've" etc are short for "should have" and "would have".

"Should of" is lazy and wrong, and generally displays a lack of competence.

Latest posts