• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks 2021-2023 Thread

All blacks assistants named
Attack - Leon McDonald and Jason holland
Forwards - Jason ryan
Defence - Scott Hansen

Crazy that after Tigers Hansen is now the AB defence coach

Shows though that one bad stint doesn't end it
Well, since then he has worked with Wayne smith at kobelco steelers, Joseph and brown with Japan at the World Cup, and Scott robertson. So he might have learned a few tricks

There's a bit of irony in this at the moment though with 3 of the 5 super rugby head coaches going to the all blacks, given the quality of our teams isn't that good by historical standards and that it's one of the remaining 2 coaches whose team is currently dominating the comp at nine from nine

There's a bit of irony in this at the moment though with 3 of the 5 super rugby head coaches going to the all blacks, given the quality of our teams isn't that good by historical standards and that it's one of the remaining 2 coaches whose team is currently dominating the comp at nine from nine
its yet another example of how NZR puts the AB's ahead of anything else, literally striping the coaching tallent from the majority of super teams

sotutu has been huge this year, leading all kinds of stats....if he gets the 8 jersey then we might have too see Savea back too 7...they cant drop him but also cant ignore sotutu

if im honest im a bit over it and kind of want them to hurry up and burn it all too the ground so we can see what can be rebuilt

what i want to see from rugby in NZ seems to be the minority and definitely not what the powers that be want want, might just stick too club rugby and AFL as its actually popular and fun too watch

H
Ardie, he was Canes captain and captained the AB once before right?
He has captained abs several times but Scott barrett was razors captain at the crusaders, so who knows. Could be someone else entirely, eg Codie Taylor
Will Ardie move back to openside?
possibly, he's been playing there for Japan. Cane could still be in the team this year though, and there is papalii and lakai contending for seven. But sotutu is making a good case for 8, as is iose but don't know if he'll step up. A lot if options and new coaches so noone really knows.

H

He has captained abs several times but Scott barrett was razors captain at the crusaders, so who knows. Could be someone else entirely, eg Codie Taylor

possibly, he's been playing there for Japan. Cane could still be in the team this year though, and there is papalii and lakai contending for seven. But sotutu is making a good case for 8, as is iose but don't know if he'll step up. A lot if options and new coaches so noone really knows.
i will lose it if cane is selected (even more if as captain) when he has announced his retirement

i would have savea over scooter...scooter is a card magnet...and if im honest just doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the draw

i will lose it if cane is selected (even more if as captain) when he has announced his retirement

i would have savea over scooter...scooter is a card magnet...and if im honest just doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the draw
i think cane has announced (been told) he is not the captain but is retiring from international rugby at the end of the year. So I think there is a reasonable chance he will be in the squad this year, whether he would play much I don't know.

But yeah I don't want scooter to be our captain for the same reasons as you.

If it weren't for so much depth in the loosies and d say dalton would be a good shout - most of the experienced players are getting on in age. De groot? But you'd probably want an eighty minute player

Lakai it is then haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a gatekeeper captain for this year, while we wait for an obvious choice to emerge for the following three years

On the other hand, if I had to put money on it I'd say scooter will be captain for the next four years. He's an eighty minute player and won't be overly old for a lock. And he's a crusader.

Latest posts