• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 TRC] South Africa vs Australia

Honestly I want Eddie Jones to win the TRC and RWC I feel it would be best for English rugby and Aus rugby.
With the squad he has that's prob the strongest fit pack Eddie has
Tom Hooper is the best 6 as a international option espcially v a SA pack

Could argue that Valetini at 6 with Samu at 8 is more dynamic but T.Hooper is a grafter.

Big questionable call for me is Vunivalu over Nawaqanitawase

wallabies aren't dealing with their normal amount of injuries or unavailability, which isn't to say bell and tupou aren't significant losses, so eddie has a much better chance than rennie did of getting this team to win, plus he gets to benefit from the improvement in Australian rugby that rennie developed. So, part of me wants eddie to lose so they regret firing rennie.

Most of me just want to watch some rugby. If the teams suck that's ok, because then the all blacks are a better chance of beating them. If they are good then I'll see a good game.

Also, haven't seen RG for a while, so will be keen to see how he goes.

Vunivalu vs arendse will be interesting; but if a size difference there

Honestly I want Eddie Jones to win the TRC and RWC I feel it would be best for English rugby and Aus rugby.
With the squad he has that's prob the strongest fit pack Eddie has
Tom Hooper is the best 6 as a international option espcially v a SA pack

Could argue that Valetini at 6 with Samu at 8 is more dynamic but T.Hooper is a grafter.

Big questionable call for me is Vunivalu over Nawaqanitawase
T hooper provides another lineout option too, which helps to complement the skelton, m hooper, and Valetini selections

wallabies aren't dealing with their normal amount of injuries or unavailability, which isn't to say bell and tupou aren't significant losses, so eddie has a much better chance than rennie did of getting this team to win, plus he gets to benefit from the improvement in Australian rugby that rennie developed. So, part of me wants eddie to lose so they regret firing rennie.

Most of me just want to watch some rugby. If the teams suck that's ok, because then the all blacks are a better chance of beating them. If they are good then I'll see a good game.

Also, haven't seen RG for a while, so will be keen to see how he goes.

Vunivalu vs arendse will be interesting; but if a size difference there
Rennie had a 38% win rate. So, yeah, don't think losing some more will make us regret much.

I like Rennie but there were a series of key **** ups that I thought warranted the sack before Eddie was even available.

Also not sure what improvements Australia has made under Rennie? Not results at Test or SR level, that's for certain. Some suggest he improved our depth but I don't really see how.

Hes a decent coach, a seemingly top bloke and a breath of fresh air after Cheika. But no one will miss him.

Out of interest, if this was a RWC knockout game today- how different would either side look in your respective opinions?

Really intrigued to see how the Rugby Championship goes- can't help but feel the Aussies will be at full tilt similar to Eddies first 6N with England - he is looking for his whole squad to prove something ahead of the RWC whereas perhaps SA and NZ are tweaking and tinkering ahead of finalising their RWC teams respectively?

How's the Aussie tight 5 these days? Haven't been able to catch much SH rugby for a little while - obviously aware of what Will Skelton brings however. Always felt with the natural flair and skill sets that forming a gritty tight 5 could transform the Aussies back into potential winners.

Huge dark horse at the RWC given their draw.

What on Earth, why are we wearing generic Nike hoody's during our national anthem? Not a fan of that. No Springbok branding at all on it

Feels like an age since we had some rugby
We Are Back Hong Kong GIF by GIPHY News

Was about to say I'm surprised Le Roux is still starting but then I looked it up and he's only 33??
He's looked like he's in his 40s for the entirety of his career
Genuinely thought he was 37/38ish

What on Earth, why are we wearing generic Nike hoody's during our national anthem? Not a fan of that. No Springbok branding at all on it
nike couldn't make eagles home jerseys for like three months cause of the shade of green when they took over the NFL contract. They aren't very good with turn around when they take on new clients.

nike couldn't make eagles home jerseys for like three months cause of the shade of green when they took over the NFL contract. They aren't very good with turn around when they take on new clients.
But they've had this contract in place for a year now… it's not like it was signed two months ago

That try was real nice,
Cheeky dummy from the prop on the initial break bought a tackle off the ball as well

Australia defending like Rugby 08, everyone just swarming after the ball

Latest posts