• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I don't know what happened to him, I had high hopes ever since he made that comment about loving to smash people.

Must just be the WRU curse of Welsh rugby and, doubly, being part of the Scarlets squad which even by Welsh regional standards, is barely a professional outfit.
Yeah, being part of the shambles that is the Scarlets atm can't help. How many players have gone backwards there in recent years? Wyn Jones can't get in the Welsh squad, Johnny Williams' form has dropped off a cliff, as has Gareth Davies. Coatellow has gone backwards. Steff Evans went from getting Welsh caps to looking like a semi-pro player. Likes of Tom Rogers haven't progressed at all since showing early promise. Even JD2, I know he's on the older side now, but he went from one of the best 13's in the world, to struggling at regional level in a blink of an eye.

Something 'aint right over there that's for sure.

Yeah, being part of the shambles that is the Scarlets atm can't help. How many players have gone backwards there in recent years? Wyn Jones can't get in the Welsh squad, Johnny Williams' form has dropped off a cliff, as has Gareth Davies. Coatellow has gone backwards. Steff Evans went from getting Welsh caps to looking like a semi-pro player. Likes of Tom Rogers haven't progressed at all since showing early promise. Even JD2, I know he's on the older side now, but he went from one of the best 13's in the world, to struggling at regional level in a blink of an eye.

And now Lloyd is there and he's not even playing in his preferred position.

Scott William's slowly became bang average, Jonny Mchnicol was a good player in a bad set up, now hes at crusaders he looks great, Liam William's developed after leaving, as has Hardy... Jake Ball had to leave the hemisphere to get away hahaha

Huge move from Cardiff rugby, could potentially be a game changer...

Loaning Bertranau from the Dragons, as Tomos William's is out for the season and then gone...

Played a handful of games over 3 seasons for Dragons.

In other news, Cardiff have an open day on Friday, for anyone who can throw a ball, in the Hope's of finding a new 10...

FML

Good signing wonder what will it mean for the centres though

Loz, Thompkins, Sprink, Hartley,

Someone is gonna be missing out on game time

Loz to 10, you'd assume?
aren't they bringing in 2 FHs to replace the 1 they're losing?

Elsewhere: https://archive.is/cLW1u

Martin Offiah's son to sign for Bath after turning down Sale, Leicester, Gloucester and Wigan
Plus, read our exclusive interview with Tyler and Martin Offiah as the 17-year-old England flyer aims to be 'better than dad'

Tyler Offiah, the son of rugby league great Martin, will join Bath on a three-year deal after rejecting interest from Leicester Tigers, Gloucester, Sale Sharks and Wigan Warriors.
The 17-year-old, who starred for England Under-18s in the recent Six Nations Rugby Festival in Italy, is currently part of the London and South Central academy, which was formed following the demise of London Irish last year and is funded by the Rugby Football Union.
The 6ft 3in winger attracted interest from several leading Gallagher Premiership clubs, which included a visit to Leicester and training with Sale as well as rugby league giants Wigan, where his father earned legendary status for his remarkable try-scoring exploits.
... ARTICLE CONTINUES

He's not short of confidence, that lad.

Last edited:
The end bit doesn't fill me with confidence
Already talking about wanting to do NFL and NRL, let alone how will he beat those records and plan to do those sports realistically

My money is he stays at bath max 5 years.

The end bit doesn't fill me with confidence
Already talking about wanting to do NFL and NRL, let alone how will he beat those records and plan to do those sports realistically

My money is he stays at bath max 5 years.
I'd say 3 - whilst he's at Uni.
From then, either he's a 20 year old getting frustrated at not being first choice, or he's first choice, and wants a go at bigger money / different sport.
Alternative is that he's a 17 year old who's rather full of himself and getting ahead of things a touch.

I understand having lofty dreams but not sure how he balances top try scorer in the prem, top try scorer for England and an NFL career (not to mention NRL and Lions too)
Ashton's Union career was 16 years - think two of those were outside the prem (one in France one when Saints were relegated?)
Even if Offiah was first choice next season, and managed to beat Ashton's record by 4 years, he'd be 28 looking for an NFL side, a year in the IPP and then looking to make a roster at about 29-30, 3yrs older than the average WR in the league
If he did really want to achieve all those things he'd be better off going: League --> NFL --> Union

All media bluster anyway, he's an exciting prospect but it's his name that's carrying him at the moment - let's see what he's like in a couple of years

All media bluster anyway, he's an exciting prospect but it's his name that's carrying him at the moment - let's see what he's like in a couple of years
It's his name getting him interviews like this (and let's face it, we all talked a load of **** at 17); but he's properly good at U18 level - but, that's U18 level.

Huge move from Cardiff rugby, could potentially be a game changer...

Loaning Bertranau from the Dragons, as Tomos William's is out for the season and then gone...

Played a handful of games over 3 seasons for Dragons.

In other news, Cardiff have an open day on Friday, for anyone who can throw a ball, in the Hope's of finding a new 10...

FML
Rumours floating around of a huge signing to replace Tomos Williams for next season. Heard it from a few people now, but we'll have to wait and see.

Rumours floating around of a huge signing to replace Tomos Williams for next season. Heard it from a few people now, but we'll have to wait and see.
Unless he is 23 stone and can scrummage as well as play the ball in itll mean nothing Haha

Realistically, who is around that replaces William's with a splash?

The Saracens break up continues with Alex Lewington retiring at the end of the season.

Good player who at one point threatened to be very good.

Leicester Tigers 2023/2024 Farewells

Phil Cokanasiga, Tiger #2381

Nic Dolly, Tiger #2348

Guy Porter, Tiger #2330

Joe Powell, Tiger #2407

Dan Richardson, Tiger #2359

Matt Scott, Tiger #2325

Jasper Wiese, Tiger #2339

Mike Williams, Tiger #2235

Ben Woollett, Tiger #2413

Francois van Wyk, Tiger #2350

Some loses, some not so loses Dolly and Porter are a shame.

Latest posts