• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland Squad

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7xYQW0AAeh/?utm_source=ig_embed

Finn's rig says everything you need to know about his drinking... still, heck of a player regardless.
That's mental. A 27 year old who hits the gym a few times a week and watches what he eats Monday - Friday should look better than that. Never mind a pro.

Its not that he has to be massive to cut it in rugby either, there's no need for him to be above 90kg.

Him and Zebo been hitting the fromage a bit too hard.

Call Zebo fat, get an up vote. Universal rule for me.

That's mental. A 27 year old who hits the gym a few times a week and watches what he eats Monday - Friday should look better than that. Never mind a pro.

Its not that he has to be massive to cut it in rugby either, there's no need for him to be above 90kg.

Call Zebo fat, get an up vote. Universal rule for me.
Well I'm 40, haven't been able to work out for 8 weeks as I'm recovering from an op and still in better shape than 'Phil' Russell (Off the Ball called him Phil earlier this week and I just found it strangely hilarious for some reason)!

Him and Zebo been hitting the fromage a bit too hard.
upload_2020-1-26_18-21-16.jpeg

Odds on a Horne Jnr/Hastings pairing for this weekend? Unlikely as Price should get the nod but H/H would be the exciting option....

Not exactly a shock, but apparently Russell not in contention for next week

Not exactly a shock, but apparently Russell not in contention for next week

Going on Hastings performance I wouldn't be surprised either, good showing for the young man and as was pointed out in the studio he brings all the backs into the attacl where Finn has tendencies so seem like a one man outfit. Would start him again for what is looking like a tasty Calcutta Cup....

Just read an interview with Russell in the Times. I'd very surprised if he plays again under Townsend.

Gives the impression that Townsend is a tyrant that doesn't listen to him, which has caused an irreparable relationship breakdown. Since he seems to be the only player (publicly at least) with an issue with Townsend, I have some doubts.

Well Finn has cut his ties whilst GT is head coach then

Yep, he says as much in the interview. It does smell a bit like a messiah complex, but I'm a horrible old cynic.
Me to its Townsend or Me so SFU it's up to you guess if they have a dire 6 N it maybe irrelevant and Townsend goes but cant see him in this one.
Yes hes good but no man is bigger than a team.

I see a similarity with a younger Cipriani and Finn Russell.
The player will never win his arguments with management.

I see a similarity with a younger Cipriani and Finn Russell.
The player will never win his arguments with management.

He's missing a few criminal charges, but plenty of time to catch up.

Reading the story Russell says the leadership team agreed that the team would have 2 pints and not more. He decided to have more, was told not to by his team mates, was told the leadership (players) had decided on that but basically said he wasn't there, didn't have a chance to object so he was going to ignore it.

Russell is coming out of all this looking very bad. He clearly thinks he is above the coach and the rest of the team. He was prepared to create all this problem simply for an extra pint. Is the man a ******* alcoholic or something? That extra pint was worth scuppering his career and going against what the player leadership had agreed?

The comparisons to Cipriani are very accurate. He may mature later but after developing a reputation as a troublesome player who thinks the sun shines out of his arse, it's virtually impossible to shake it as no coaches would want to touch you.

I don't get where people are getting that Finn is a prima Donna.

There was rule that he didn't care for and then he was punished (apparently rule was created by a committee he was on but when he wasn't there to be consulted). He's decided he doesn't want to be part of a team with such rules so he's left the team.

he hasn't stuck around camp to be a distraction or called for the firing of Townsend. If he doesn't want to play for Scotland, he doesn't have to play for Scotland. Clearly Scotland thinks they are better off with the structure and policies they have.

People are making a big deal out of a disagreement between an employer and an (ex?) employee.

Gives the impression that Townsend is a tyrant that doesn't listen to him, which has caused an irreparable relationship breakdown. Since he seems to be the only player (publicly at least) with an issue with Townsend, I have some doubts.
He said that was because a lot of them were SRU contracted and that they couldn't touch him in France so he could actually talk out as he didn't need to worry about the next paycheck.

I do understand why he would be ****** of to be fair.

If he's repeatedly felt excluded from the decision making process and has then been told that a decision has been made by a committee that he is on whilst he wasn't there then he has every right to be ****** off with them. It's not like they were even playing that weekend anyway?

He also said that he had messaged Townsend a week before going into camp and had been ignored so was angry anyway and that after Townsend told him he wasn't going to play Ireland and that he could go back to France that he was again ignored until being told he wasn't getting called back in. Sounds like they just don't get on tbh and with the apparent disagreements that Russell and Hogg have had in the past that captaincy probably hasn't gone down to well either

Latest posts