• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 2: Australia V New Zealand (Bledisloe 4) (7/11/2020)

ouch, Reece Hodge at 10...

Strong looking all back side, personally I wanted to see Cane get rested after he came off with a head knock last week, he needs a rest at some point may as well give it to him now, maybe they intend to play him through the lot season given its only some 6 tests this year?
Coles getting a rest, he has looked very sharp, probably retaken his first string hooker spot.
Goodhue tested, I think the selectors want goodhue at 12 for that Crusaders combination to try and help Richie find his feet. Goodhue has been good in my books, he's made some pretty important plays on attack. If anything he's missed a few tackles.

I really want to see Akira have a big game, Frezell has been very good but I do think Akira has more potential if he can find his feet at test level. Then I mostly cant wait till later in the game when Weber, DMac and Jordan get a run. That could get messy...
yeah, dont know why they dont rest Cane, play Savea at 7 (which suits his game better) and give Satutu another start, let him settle

sfunny tupou's on the bench. ABs really did a number on him

Most of last years Jaguares players left Argentina and signed with other teams. I wonder how many of them will be playing for Argentina in this Tri-Nations tournament?

sfunny tupou's on the bench. ABs really did a number on him
Its because his work rate is horrible and our offensive ruck is a shambles.

Tupou is still a show pony whole AAA does the meat and potatoes.

Dont think one JBar shoulder has ruined his entire career...

Cane should totally have been rested. Whitelock could have been captain for his hundredth too.

We are a bit weak on lineout options though I think cabe is good in the lineout (though if you ask some he is hopeless because he won very few line outs in super rugby lol). should have played either sotutu or grace instead of cane with savea at 7 and Akita at 6 or 8 depending on which other option was chosen.

don't know that we needed to start rieko on the wing, could have started Jordan.
Looking forward to the midfield combo

Hodge at 10 will be interesting to see. That's really strong looking All Black team. This should be interesting.

Just looking at personnel, 8 changes to the starting 15 from last week, and 8 changes to the 23.

for aus, 6 changes to the starting lineup, 5 changes to the 23. Oh, and Who the heck is lachie Swinton?

so this games a write off, looking forward to the next week, could pick

Hodgman. Moody
Aumua. coles
lomax. Laulala
Dunshea
Whitelock. Scott
Grace
Papalii
Sotutu. Savea
Weber. Smith
Beauden. Mounga
Jordan
Laumape
Umaga Jensen
Reece
McKenzie. Ione

Last edited:
Looking at the line-ups this could be a very long night for the Wallabies. Reece Hodge at 10?. Has he ever played there in test rugby before?. The All Blacks have made changes but you wouldn't know it. That's the thing with the AB's, quality replaced by quality, no weak links. Australia could keep this close until half-time but I think NZ will pull away In the second half.

Looking at the line-ups this could be a very long night for the Wallabies. Reece Hodge at 10?. Has he ever played there in test rugby before?. The All Blacks have made changes but you wouldn't know it. That's the thing with the AB's, quality replaced by quality, no weak links. Australia could keep this close until half-time but I think NZ will pull away In the second half.
I think he played there at the RWC

I think he played there at the RWC
Of his 42 tests, he's played there once against Japan in a friendly.

Aus are in the equivalent position of NZ losing both Mounga and BB, without having DMac. He tried the young up and comer and he failed spectacularly.

Basically, we just ****** from all sides. I'd give us maybe a 20% of scoring a single try.

Last edited:
This is what I have been expecting from Foster, bold selections, whilst choosing to play people in their right positions, with the possible exception of Savea. They should have rested Cane and gave Sotutu another start in order to sink him more into 8' role.

Of his 42 tests, he's played there once against Japan in a friendly.

Aus are in the equivalent position of NZ losing both Mounga and BB, without having DMac. He tried the young up and comer and he failed spectacularly.

Basically, we just ****** from all sides. I'd give us maybe a 20% of scoring a single try.
You can add lealifano, Beale, Foley. Equivalently NZ would go without Damian, Josh ione, sopoaga. That leaves us with Otere black, Mitch hunt, or Jordie.

we do have some depth at 10 that is for sure.
Otere black, Mitch hunt and Fletcher Smith would do an ok job in a pinch.
Probably helped by DMac and Beauden playing 15 when they are world class 10's.
Also in the NZ game 10 and 15 have almost become interchangeable. A lot of guys at the top level in NZ who cover both positions.
Beauden
DMac
Hunt
Fletcher
Perofeta
to name a few

Fletcher smith is underrated, was disappointed with how little game time he got this year for the canes.

So underrated, handy at 15 too, i was disappointed when otago and the landers let him go, he actually looked like an solid Bender replacement...not like for like obviously

The Wallabies will hang around for awhile but will eventually get blown out by the All Blacks once again.

Last edited:
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? What is THIS GAME THESE DAYS?????????????????????????????

Latest posts