• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England Squad

I'm not convinced there's much in it weight-wise. If someone told me Sinks as heavy as Billy I'd straight up believe it. I'm always surprised how bloody big our pack is; in the Scotland game it was 935 kgs!

Apart from when France fielded that record breaking pack for one game, England had the heaviest pack by miles. They sure don't act like it, though!
Billy is enormous compared to Sinckler. Height alone makes a big difference and Vunipola has a good 4 inches on Sinks. Beyond that, Vunipola is evidently larger built in every aspect other than the belly; just look at their lower bodies - Vunipola's legs and butt make Sinks look almost civilian.

While I don't fully believe either of these figures, Vunipola is listed on the Sarries site as 130kg and Sinks on the Quins website as 115kg. Billy's said that he prefers playing at the 132 mark and Sinks must be bigger than 115, but still, there's a huge difference between the 2.

Edit:
39FBD64800000578-0-image-a-57_1478089351986.jpg

Found this photo of the 2 next to eachother. Builds aren't massively dissimilar although Billy's legs are noticeably larger. The big difference is in the height. I'd have thought Billy has a good 10kg on him at least.

Last edited:
In 2016 and 2017 we mastered the late score, 2019 we've mastered the fast score. If we can now just combine them with a decent but in the middle, that would be grand.

With regards to Billy, he is always used to carry into heavy traffic. I'd like to see our props used for that more and have Billy hitting the line where the is more space or a mismatch. I don't think it game plan is utilising him to his full potential.

I know what you mean. We should find more clever ways to use him than we have so far, although I did like the idea of putting Cokanasiga at 8 for one of the scrums with Billy standing at 12 in the Italy game. In practice, it didn't achieve much, but it's an interesting idea and nice to see us trying to innovate. Thinking about it though, I don't know why we didn't just leave Billy at 8 and have Cokanasiga line up at 12 ...

I know what you mean. We should find more clever ways to use him than we have so far, although I did like the idea of putting Cokanasiga at 8 for one of the scrums with Billy standing at 12 in the Italy game. In practice, it didn't achieve much, but it's an interesting idea and nice to see us trying to innovate. Thinking about it though, I don't know why we didn't just leave Billy at 8 and have Cokanasiga line up at 12 ...
This; speed and power is infinitely harder to defend against than size and power.

Hopefully Teo gets binned and Binny is an innocent party caught up in the excitement....

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing, though

********, I was out drinking 5mins from Chiswick. I could have torn into them....

Latest posts