• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Super Rugby] Round 12: Chiefs vs. Jaguares (04/05/2018)

Outstanding by Los Jaguares.

Has any South African Super Rugby team come to Australia and New Zealand and won all four matches?

They go home now and they are going to be very hard to knock over in Argentina
Nope first clean sweep of a Australasian tour ever.
Well done to the Jaguares and congrats to their supporters, thrilled to be proven wrong.

Didn't see that coming but huge kudos to the Jags. That's a tremendous result.

Didn't see that coming but huge kudos to the Jags. That's a tremendous result.

Well, now i have to believe that we can go 4 out of 4. I dont know how tired the players will be but if we can control the line and Scrum we have the firepower to win this.

Jags by 5

boom!!

too much for jags imo. maybe at home. After this long tour they must be exhausted. hope they can deliver.
chifs by 15 (i´ll be happily wrong)

happy as f.

Last edited:
Question to the neutrals: Do you think the ref got these calls right/wrong?

1. YC for high tackle
2. PT and YC.
3. The knock on in a disallowed try for the chiefs.

Think i am not missing any other controversial call.

Personally i think the ref got all of them right, but i see quite a few nzers (prolly chief fans) complaining about them.

Told ya! When they believe they can win, they will win. We got our mauls back and our defense. Die in hell Aspirina!

On the ref, I'm no expert but thought the officiating was excellent. The NZ commentary questioned the yellow card going to Messam for the collapsed scrum (could maybe have gone to someone else) and also the knock on ruling out the try (a close call) but overall were happy and had no complaints. One of them actually said anyone who knows the rules of the game would agree with the first yellow card.

If only all commentary teams were as open minded.

It was funny seeing Creevy looking at the ref like there was still a conspiracy against the Jags. Great player but questionable mentality and replacing him as captain was a great call in my opinion. The players are focused only on playing the game, with few distractions.

Die in hell Aspirina!

Harsh! The poor man tried his best. Blame whoever appointed him.

I did think the second yellow was a tad harsh, it wasn't like it was a cynical foul, is there room in the rules for just giving the penalty try without the yellow?
Regardless the jaguares didn't actually get many points in that period and did a great job of keeping the Chiefs in check, they just couldn't give their backs a good platform.

Great win, and what a turnaround, at the beginning of this tour Jaguares looked like bottom three contenders, now they look set for a play-off spot. The finish to this SA/ARG conference is going to be mouth watering, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up nudging out the 2nd Aus team as well.

Last edited:
Question to the neutrals: Do you think the ref got these calls right/wrong?

1. YC for high tackle
2. PT and YC.
3. The knock on in a disallowed try for the chiefs.

Think i am not missing any other controversial call.

Personally i think the ref got all of them right, but i see quite a few nzers (prolly chief fans) complaining about them.

That one play where the Jaguares player chased a kick off then jumped and hit the shoulder of the Chiefs lock was a bit unfair.
The Jaguares player put himself in a dangerous position, he basically ran and jumped into the shoulder of the Chiefs player who was just standing at the ruck, attempting to cover his kicker.
Now i feel at most that is a penalty not a yellow card.
As for the rest of the game im glad the Jaguares managed to win this game. I have seen too many NZ sides coming back at the death.

i read many chiefs fans complainig about not having the complete team. cane and retalik. but we also had injured captain and most important back rower (matera). also, like retallic creevy didnt start. we also lost our sub captain tuculet to ingurie.
i read it was luck, or the ref. again remember that ball that tetaz loose cm away from the in goal. and that flagrant penalty by mckenzie (think it was yellow) that the reff didnt see.
lets add that the chiefs came from a rest week and the jags completed an extenuating tour.
there where no advantages for jags.
no excuses.

That one play where the Jaguares player chased a kick off then jumped and hit the shoulder of the Chiefs lock was a bit unfair.
The Jaguares player put himself in a dangerous position, he basically ran and jumped into the shoulder of the Chiefs player who was just standing at the ruck, attempting to cover his kicker.
Now i feel at most that is a penalty not a yellow card.
As for the rest of the game im glad the Jaguares managed to win this game. I have seen too many NZ sides coming back at the death.

That`s true but the penalty is that the chief player grabbed his leg in the air, this made the Jags player lose control mid air. If it was just a collision then no card o penalty should be awarded.

Latest posts