• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 6: Argentina v Australia (08/10/2017)

Agree with both also but with some regards. I also think HC is the trouble here, they have not adapted the game play given the pool of players we have now and that`s killing Pumas but we lost key players. Pumas is a 17/18 man team. We dont have quality in some key areas and it shows. We could not replace the RWC first row, neither the centers or the wings.

Other teams can change players to some degree, we can not replace ISA or Imhoff or Bosh(old but a wall at 2nd center) or Figallo or Ayerza, Camacho. We over used the good ones we have so now they are so tired like Sanchez,Tuculet or Creevy. Hopefully 2018 will bring new Jags coach and the new rule that Europe players can be called again.

I was watching a clip from 2007 where Pichot (captain at the time) was saying in a pre/mid game speech something along the lines of: we do not drop the ball, we do not miss tackles.
Good lord we've gone backwards. During 2015 and 2016 we did a few amazing things on attack, granted, but we completely lost the plot regarding fundamentals and our strengths.

I was watching a clip from 2007 where Pichot (captain at the time) was saying in a pre/mid game speech something along the lines of: we do not drop the ball, we do not miss tackles.
Good lord we've gone backwards. During 2015 and 2016 we did a few amazing things on attack, granted, but we completely lost the plot regarding fundamentals and our strengths.

That 2007 team were absolutely outstanding - one of the best World Cup teams ever in my opinion- and could have gone further with a little more belief. It's funny because they oozed class and flair all over the pitch but played a brutal kick and chase game that oppositions couldn't live with.

I really like Argentina, I was so happy when they made it into the RC.
Long term it will work out for them.

Latest posts