• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 1: South Africa vs. New Zealand (24/10/2015)

One more win and the history of rugby is back to where it should be.

McCaw and Carter will have cemented their legacy as possibly the 2 greatest players of all time.
New Zealand will be the first team to win back to back World Cups.
New Zealand will be out in front with 3 World Cup victories.

These are important. Come on lads - one more big effort next week.
Think there are quite a few players that will argue that. Might be in a shout as best two purely pro players (in never played in the amateur era).

Why did he kick that ball away? We got away with it today, but I'd hate to see such a boneheaded move in the final.

It was either a reaction or a complete mistake my first thought when I saw it was he just ran into where the ball happened to be but on second replay it does sort of look like he kicked it hard to say really.

Just another nothing yellow to me at the end of the day. Same as the neck grabbing ones.

Last edited:
He also had a yellow card and could have easily picked another.

That being the main reason for an early sub is pretty rare especially when the player is having a blinder in such an important game!

Kaino did have a brain explosion with his yellow though. Just looks worse with each replay.

Think there are quite a few players that will argue that. Might be in a shout as best two purely pro players (in never played in the amateur era).

This just proves what a biased piece of dirt you are.

Mccaw = GOAT
Carter = GOAT runner up.

I thought SBW made some dumb decisions. Kicking the ball away after the VM neck roll penalty for example.

Wouldn't call Carter and McCaw the two greatest ever pro players.

2 of the greatest yeh but not the.

Of course. I said "possibly" for a reason. It is impossible to definitively say who is the best through the decades but these two will be on pretty much everyone's short-list of candidates.

All Blacks shocking discipline kept the Boks in that one. South Africa didn't create anything as expected and really should have played for the drop goal. Still suspect New Zealand would have won regardless, although I reckon if they were playing Australia or Argentina, they would have lost on that display. Both of those teams would have scored tries which would have been enough to get over the line. Anyway, I doubt they will play that badly again next week. Cracking semi final and final in stall. I cannot wait!!!

You cant say that and not say who you think is the best. Out with it?

I don't think there is a best.

There is a small elite group of players who are the greatest to have played.

But I think you would have to be incredibly narrow minded to try a call a rugby player the GOAT.

You NH posters are honestly just pathetic. You come in here and make these ridiculous statements and then dont even have the balls to back them up!

You NH posters are honestly just pathetic. You come in here and make these ridiculous statements and then dont even have the balls to back them up!

What the fuk are you on about.

Just because you jizz over posters of the all blacks doesn't mean everyone else should.

The fact is there is no GOAT rugby player IMO.

Up the all blacks, was worth staying out all night and watching the game at the pub later. Great support from the locals. Regarding the Kaino yellow, surely that was accidental?? He made the tackle then ran back to defend and accidentally kicked the ball when it came out of the ruck. I didn't mind that he got yellowed but for posters on here to think that he did that in purpose, cmon surely not, that would be silly.

Anyways, Im a big fan of Kaino and glad that he stepped up today. The guy's form has been questioned lately and we needed him to bring the physicality today against the Boks and that he did.

What a test match, when the ref blew his whistle for the end of the game the entire pub went nuts haha. Too excited and pumped to go to bed now.

Congrats to South Africa as well. Very tough opponents.

RyotoTheDragon sadly he knows exactly what he was doing players have mental breaks sometimes when they are in that situation and do completely stupid things. My favourite one is Danny Care
https://youtu.be/FCsPN1FyqKE

All Blacks shocking discipline kept the Boks in that one. South Africa didn't create anything as expected and really should have played for the drop goal. Still suspect New Zealand would have won regardless, although I reckon if they were playing Australia or Argentina, they would have lost on that display. Both of those teams would have scored tries which would have been enough to get over the line. Anyway, I doubt they will play that badly again next week. Cracking semi final and final in stall. I cannot wait!!!

Meh. Wouldnt bet on that, SA are a different beast compared to ARG and AUS.

On the bus home after going to the game. Pitch side seats baby:). We were 30 feet from the ABs bench.

Got to point out what I said to one or two AB fans that dissed drop goals and that Dan Carter is crap at them. Well you would have lost had he not slotted that one over today. No shame in dropping goals to keep the scoreboard taking over.

Would say SA were robbed, Kainos try was four feet forward and that were the softest neck roll pen ever seen, officiating at this RWC an all time low.

I'm pretty drunk right now! But I agree, VM should have stayed on the bench.

Easy to say now, but given the problems we were having in the lineouts I'll admit I was yelling at HM to put him on in the second half.