• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Brumbies vs Sharks (Round 13)

Must be your economical insight bringing you to that conclusion

Must be your economical insight bringing you to that conclusion

No, actually I don't see any team invincible this year. Chiefs are no longer the team of 2012 or 2013, Crusaders are at a low level,Hurricanes and Highlanders are too inconsistent. The only respectable team in SA this year is Sharks, especially Stormers is very low. And in the Aussie Conference, Brumbies is undoubtedly the most consistent team, I though that Waratahs could win the Conference but they lost many games, even against Brumbies. Super Rugby don't have an immortal team this year like Crusaders in previous years or Chiefs last 2 years.

Last edited:
Glad I didn't wake up for this one. I assume our pack looked tired and backs didn't do ****.

Glad I didn't wake up for this one. I assume our pack looked tired and backs didn't do ****.

Yeah, I choose to watch the Sevens instead ... but the was painful to watch in other ways (if you support Canada)

No, actually I don't see any team invincible this year. Chiefs are no longer the team of 2012 or 2013, Crusaders are at a low level,Hurricanes and Highlanders are too inconsistent. The only respectable team in SA this year is Sharks, especially Stormers is very low. And in the Aussie Conference, Brumbies is undoubtedly the most consistent team, I though that Waratahs could win the Conference but they lost many games, even against Brumbies. Super Rugby don't have an immortal team this year like Crusaders in previous years or Chiefs last 2 years.

Don't really agree with your analysis of the teams, although I do agree any team is beatable ... The Chiefs looked pretty impressive against a Blues side that has been performing really well, the Crusaders put 20 points on the Brumbies (the side you asking if they were ***le contenders), the Hurricanes and Highlanders both recorded wins, so all four of those teams are still in the hunt for playoff spots. I would also argue that the Force have been pretty consistent too (if the Brumbies are the measure for consistence in the Australian conference) they have just one less win, but have played one less game.

Last edited:
Yeah, I choose to watch the Sevens instead ... but the was painful to watch in other ways (if you support Canada)

I forgot there was 7's on. I am a fool. Nice profile pic by the way.....

That was one of the most painfully dull 10 man rugby matches I've seen since the 2007 RWC final... Jake White was involved there too incidentally.

I was switching between this and the Storm v Manly game in the NRL and I ended up not switching back with about 20 mins to go because there had already been 70 kicks in the game at that point. It was like watching AFL, but without any courage or conviction in either side's own skill.

Thankfully the NRL game was a cracker, with the last 20 mins seeing an incredible comeback by Melbourne.

I forgot there was 7's on. I am a fool. Nice profile pic by the way.....

... yes, the pic kinda seems appropriate (and remarkably similar to one you posted) for the forums these days :)

... I didn't want to run the risk of my tv coverage being cut off at the 60 minute mark (but it sounds like it would have been a mercy killing), so I chose 7s over this match

Don't really agree with your analysis of the teams, although I do agree any team is beatable ... The Chiefs looked pretty impressive against a Blues side that has been performing really well, the Crusaders put 20 points on the Brumbies (the side you asking if they were ***le contenders), the Hurricanes and Highlanders both recorded wins, so all four of those teams are still in the hunt for playoff spots. I would also argue that the Force have been pretty consistent too (if the Brumbies are the measure for consistence in the Australian conference) they have just one less win, but have played one less game.

You are talking like a Kiwi, only talking about NZ teams. I think Brumbies would win any NZ team right now, despite the lost against Saders few weeks ago. I say this as a supporter neutral

You are talking like a Kiwi, only talking about NZ teams. I think Brumbies would win any NZ team right now, despite the lost against Saders few weeks ago. I say this as a supporter neutral

Where did I say that the NZ teams would win the whole comp? ... I said that any of those four team could make the playoff (and they can if you look at the table)

... the reference to the New Zealand teams was in direct response to your post (you mentioned them first)

I also mentioned the Australian conference (so I wasn't just talking about the NZ teams was I), where I am a neutral, as I really don't care which side wins. I pointed out (backed by the current log/points), that despite your careful analysis (or lack of it), the Brumbies are not clearly the most consistent as they have played 11 games for 8 wins and 3 losses, compared to the Force who have played 10 games for 7 wins and 3 losses .. the Force would even pass the Brumbies on the table if they secure a win from that extra game.

... Ask yourself what everyone else is probably asking? - Who is more credible someone you accuse of bias, who backs up what they say with RELEVANT facts, or person who accuses someone of bias, and who's only backs up/support what he thinks will happen is "I'm a neutral"

Brumbies have only been impressive against the Hurricanes, Chiefs and maybe the Warratahs. The rest of their games have been very very soft imo. They are very one dimensional which is why the Saders thrashed them as they are the kings of one dimensional play!

If the Brumbies get home semis (which im almost sure they will with the soft easy draw they have) i agree they will be tough. They just better hope the Saders dont make the semis against them as I have no doubt they can take them. Maybe the Chiefs aswell (if they get Cruden and CO back) as that game at home against the Chiefs was a bit of a joke with Walsh reffing it.

Brumbies are going to cruise at the top of the Australian conference the next placed Force who admittedly have managed some surprising wins this year have some very very tough games coming up which i cant see them winning more than a two or three if they are really good.

Last edited:
Where did I say that the NZ teams would win the whole comp? ... I said that any of those four team could make the playoff (and they can if you look at the table)

... the reference to the New Zealand teams was in direct response to your post (you mentioned them first)

I also mentioned the Australian conference (so I wasn't just talking about the NZ teams was I), where I am a neutral, as I really don't care which side wins. I pointed out (backed by the current log/points), that despite your careful analysis (or lack of it), the Brumbies are not clearly the most consistent as they have played 11 games for 8 wins and 3 losses, compared to the Force who have played 10 games for 7 wins and 3 losses .. the Force would even pass the Brumbies on the table if they secure a win from that extra game.

... Ask yourself what everyone else is probably asking? - Who is more credible someone you accuse of bias, who backs up what they say with RELEVANT facts, or person who accuses someone of bias, and who's only backs up/support what he thinks will happen is "I'm a neutral"

Not to create controversy, I only think the Brumbies could win this year, because there is no immortal team, I see about 4 or 5 teams with chances to win this year, IMO, including Brumbies

Not to create controversy, I only think the Brumbies could win this year, because there is no immortal team, I see about 4 or 5 teams with chances to win this year, IMO, including Brumbies

Yes, I agree... Like I said before, I agree any team can beat any team, therefore it's still wide open to at least 3 of the Australian teams, four of the NZ ones, and possibly 2 of the South African ones (although the Sharks are probably the only ones that are probable to make the playoffs)

Last time we played inspiring rugby was after the first quarter v Bulls. Coincidentally, the last time we had our first choice halfbacks before this week was the same time period. We really need Zeilinga back and some fresh blood at inside centre.

Esterhuizen?

The Brumbies can't win this year. They're simply too one-dimensional. The only style they have in their play book is a field position game based on tactical kicking and midfield bombs. This works against a lot of teams, but falls to pieces when they face a fierce counter-attacking side like the Crusaders, who frankly make the Sharks and Brumbies look like they're playing boys rugby against a gutsy and aggressive man's game that they play.

In short, they play gutless rugby, and they don't have the versatility or skill to win.

Latest posts