• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Tests] Ireland

Henshaw out for Ireland with a hand injury. That's a blow for him as I think he's in pole position to be BOD successor.

I'd always assumed him and Cave will start a test each. Wonder if they'll call anyone up.

********, was looking forward to Henshaw getting game time at 13. Any predictions on call up? Could be someone such as Gilroy and Earls could move to centre but I'd prefer they just left Cave for two tests and have McFadden on the bench as cover.

********, was looking forward to Henshaw getting game time at 13. Any predictions on call up? Could be someone such as Gilroy and Earls could move to centre but I'd prefer they just left Cave for two tests and have McFadden on the bench as cover.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they bother with a call up. We have more than enough wingers and McFadden and Earls are both good enough at centre for the quality of player we'll be facing even if the backline is the stronger area for the Argies.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they bother with a call up. We have more than enough wingers and McFadden and Earls are both good enough at centre for the quality of player we'll be facing even if the backline is the stronger area for the Argies.

Completely agree, we should leave the boys in the emerging squad to have their game time. No point in bringing boys if no game time. Have to admit, disappointed Jackson and Henshaw are injured, was really looking forward to seeing them in the green shirt.

I would have liked Tadhg Furlong to have gotten a shot too but it's understandable that he didn't. Ricky Lutton had more than three time as many minutes in the league as Furlong and twice as many appearances. John Ryan had similar stats to Lutton. Furlong's time will come soon and hopefully he'll benefit from an extended off season and push hard for Leinster from the beginning of next season. I could see his total appearances increase from 7 to 15 games as the work load is shared more evenly with Mike Ross and the now established Marty Moore.

Well bit relaxed so will ask how having Billy Holland in emerging Ireland is good. He's a very good squad guy but surely someone like Ben Marshall or Ian Nagle would be better served. They aren't better but have youth and better chance of improvement

Rumours for Irish team vs Arg. 1st test
Felix Jones
Andy Trimble
Darren Cave
Luke Marshall
Simon Zebo
Jonny Sexton
Con Murray
Jordi Murphy
Chris Henry
Robbie Diack
Paul O'Connell
Iain Henderson
Mike Ross
Rory Best
Jack McGrath

Last edited:
Well bit relaxed so will ask how having Billy Holland in emerging Ireland is good. He's a very good squad guy but surely someone like Ben Marshall or Ian Nagle would be better served. They aren't better but have youth and better chance of improvement

Rumours for Irish team vs Arg. 1st test
Felix Jones
Andy Trimble
Darren Cave
Luke Marshall
Simon Zebo
Jonny Sexton
Con Murray
Jordi Murphy
Chris Henry
Robbie Diack
Paul O'Connell
Iain Henderson
Mike Ross
Rory Best
Jack McGrath

I'd be fairly happy with that team, a little surprised by fairly happy.

EDIT; wait i've just realized joe is giving the Leinster lads a rest, so not as surprised.

I'd be fairly happy with that team, a little surprised by fairly happy.

EDIT; wait i've just realized joe is giving the Leinster lads a rest, so not as surprised.

To be honest this tour has the feeling of A games. It's pointless for Ireland playing a 2nd string team and Argentina have eyes on rugby championship and aren't interested in these games.

Leinster lads rested but wouldn't imagine they're needed much for this which made decision easier to let them recuperate

Can't understand why Marmion didn't start atleast one of the tests, reddan is 33 now i think and Schmidt surely knows what he offers, poor decision by Schmidt in my opinion and I think Marmion would've benefitted from international game time

Simon Easterby favourite to be appointed Ireland forward coach after Plum tree leaving for the Hurricanes. Would be a good appointment I feel.

Simon Easterby favourite to be appointed Ireland forward coach after Plum tree leaving for the Hurricanes. Would be a good appointment I feel.

Would really be a good 1 with the passion needed. Loved his passion as a player and would be happy with that. Has been impressive with Scarlets thus far.

Easterby has done good things with the Scarlets would be happy enough with that.

Latest posts