TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
England team to face Samoa:
B0cpA30CIAAK5na.jpg:large

Anyone else watching this?

yeah. i'm gonna catch the england game - it will be on just as i'm getting up normally, and i'm gonna go to M&S on me way home and buy some bacon and bread for the morning :)

Pretty pumped for this actually - should be a couple cracker games! Kangaroos are massively under-manned and will be playing the lightest forward pack I can remember, but the talent in the spine and the backs is still pretty impressive. The only guy I'm worried about is Tupou - he's scored some awesome tries for the Roosters this year and last, but he's a bit of space cadet and can go missing.

To be honest I hate seeing us lose, but for the good of the game I hope England win this thing. The NRL had 4 of the top 5 highest rated show this year (NRL GF and Origins 1 and 2 were the top 3), and if we could re-establish a strong rivalry with England it would give us another "great event" to showcase the game across the country. It would also help the NRL over-take the AFL, who have to play a Micky-Mouse hybrid game if they want to put an Australian team on the field.

this is quite an enjoyable game. Would imagine the intensity will go up a notch in the next game.

JOEL TOMPKINS!!!

@TRF_Saints - just a thought but why is this not a featured thread like the Rugby Championship and the Games - it's a major tournament, and it might get some casual discussion going?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty intense last 20.

Couple of pretty stupid points:

- Best ref kit I've seen in either code! :lol:
- Shenton has got the skinniest legs I've seen on a rugby player.

was good, really enjoyed it, don't watch enough league but that was a good watch.

Is the aussie game on?

Not on the BBC - only highlights later on.

You'll probably have to watch Premier Sports for the other games.

Cracking game, worth waking up a 7am for! Bit of a slow start to the tournament for England.

meh! he's got points in some aspects, is misinformed in others, but lets not turn this into one of those conversations...

meh! he's got points in some aspects, is misinformed in others, but lets not turn this into one of those conversations...

Don't want to, but...

There aren't many true line-breakers in rugby union, which is why they look to our players.

...Is one of the reasons why RL struggles - the whole "greatest game" attitude ****ing stinks, tbh.

yeah, but for every silly greatest game attitude there are plenty of silly union comments as well.....

personally when i was growing up i didn't see the difference in the two sports (other than the obvious ones) i just thought, "rugby on TV? great!"

Both codes would do better for mutually appreciating each other and helping each other out.

Both codes would do better for mutually appreciating each other and helping each other out.

Union very, very rarely brings up RL though - as with this RT interview, RL very often refers to RU as a means of comparison.
When was the last time you saw an interview publicising RU, where a current or former player has said "we've got better players so watch us"?

It's frustrating because it doesn't do them any good, they just look needy.

Yeah. That's fair... I guess they are just told to "sell" the game at every opportunity.

Alesana Tuilagi is playing League?

141025041352831892.jpg

Who is? #16

Martin Taupau, playing for the Tigers ;)
Big win for the Kiwi's :) really proud!!!!

Does anybody knows why jared waerea hargreaves isn't included in the tram?
Cheers

Knowing they could get knocked out, I think the Aussies will butt f***k us. They are wounded and their backs againgst the wall.

Latest posts