• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] Scotland vs New Zealand

This is so infuriating to watch for an AB supporter. This is not Scotland playing well, its New Zealand just playing terribly. The Scor performance has been almost as bumbling and NZs

Both teams look like they have only just been introduced to each other.

They look like they are waiting for things to happen instead of making things happen!

Scotland could've won this game with that kick. What a waste. Like a historic moment waste. Maaan.

Lots of mistakes by both sides but the best game of weekend. Really enjoyed it and I actually think Poite has done ok. I'm not a fan of him either. but regardless of result the Scots have been excellent

Thrush!

Impressive Scottish defense tonight. Still a shame about knock ons .

73 minutes for the first good piece of play. Holy ****e.

About time. Well deserved by Thrush - he's been one of the AB's best tonight.

Can I make this plea now that NZ'ers, can we give Scotland all the credit thats due from how they have played and not beliitle it with excuses like the ref or your team selection. Thanks
Who's done this?

You can have both. E.g. Poor selections, yet still great effort from the opposition. It's not either or...

Making it on then other hand...

Dont we (ABs) usually wear the white kits when we play you guys? Seems odd the home team got shunted.

The only time I have seen NZ play Scotland at Murrayfield and not play in black was the 2007 RWC. When who is drawn as "home" team plays in there normal kit and the "away" team plays in there alternative kit.

Thought SBW was a bit lucky not to be pinged for crawling whilst being held in the tackle. Other than that, a nice finish to end a scrappy scrappy contest.

Can I make this plea now that NZ'ers, can we give Scotland all the credit thats due from how they have played and not beliitle it with excuses like the ref or your team selection. Thanks

I don't think team selection is belittling them, this team looks like a load of guys who've never played together, and they are.

Scotland have had a great defence but a **** poor attack. They've had opportunities to take/extend the lead but effed up at every chance.

Ten phases. Was that the longest sequence of phases without a spilled ball a knock on or a stupid penalty being given away?

Last edited:
I don't think team selection is belittling them, this team looks like a load of guys who've never played together, and they are.

Scotland have had a great defence but a **** poor attack. They've had opportunities to take/extend the lead but effed up at every chance.
Absolutely.

Also nothing wrong with ref -= not perfect, but what ref is on any given game.

Curious about that 'pre-emptive' statement...

so, perfectly in line with NH teams' performances for the day :p

Last edited:
Who's done this?

You can have both. E.g. Poor selections, yet still great effort from the opposition. It's not either or...

No-one yet but my point is, based in previous All Black match threads theres been a trend for the focus to only be on the All Black side of things, focusing on the refs performance, instead of saying that also the opposition played well.

Should also point out I'm not making a generalisation of all NZ posters, but there are a few who dont give credit when due.

Latest posts