• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 Rugby Championship ideal team

15 Israel Folau (despite question marks over his defence, he is adjusting well to life at fullback)
14 Ben Smith
13 Conrad Smith
12 Jean de Villiers
11 Bryan Habana
10 Aaron Cruden
09 ? Probably FdP but I didn't think he was thoroughly outstanding
01 Marcos Ayerza
02 Bismarck du Plessis
03 Juan Figallo
04 Eben Etzebeth
05 Sam Whitelock
06 Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe
07 Richie McCaw
08 Kieran Read

According to Planet Rugby, this is the ideal XV of the tournament:

15- Israel Folau (Australia)
14- Ben Smith (New Zealand)
13- Conrad Smith (New Zealand)
12- Jean de Villiers (South Africa)
11- Julian Savea (New Zealand)
10- Beauden Barrett (New Zealand)
9- Aaron Smith (New Zealand)
8- Kieran Read (New Zealand)
7- Michael Hooper (Australia)
6- Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe (Argentina)
5- Brodie Retallick (New Zealand)
4- Eben Etzebeth (South Africa)
3- Juan Figallo (Argentina)
2- Adriaan Strauss (South Africa)
1- Marcos Ayerza (Argentina)

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8962520,00.html

Good selection overall. Here goes my humble opinion:

- Tough decision on the Fullback. I think that Israel Dagg was a little slow comparing to other of his past performances, but still he did okay. Folau was the best Aussie player in the tournament, his got a great future.

-Personally I wouldn't include Barrett, he's obviously a skilled player and had two great matches against SA but I don't think thats enough for getting selected, Worth the mention though.

-Hooper is a great player and had a great tournament, but I would choose Leguizamon over him. I think the Puma was outstanding and unlike the Aussie he controled himself and almost didn't brainfarted in the whole competition. Hooper was yellow carded a couple of times by acting stupidly, something that can be understood due his age. Francois Louw also did well.

-I would put Messam ahead of Lobbe without any doubts.

-The hooker spot was obviously between Bismark and Strauss. Really tough decision on this one, it wouldn't be bad is Bismark was selected.

What are your thoughts? Would you make any changes?

this is a great call...because great performances against the second best team in the world is pretty easy.

we're not talking about DC coming off the bench after 60 min against someone like Canada (no offense) and stepping it up...this was the "third string" (although i think he deserves a start) coming on against some of the best in the world in RSA to decide the RC

That's what I expected.

Probably because I have no way of finding the stats, so calm your firey kiwi temper and hop back on your highhorse and leave your guns at home son.

Last edited:
Probably because I have no way of finding the stats, so calm your firey kiwi temper and hop back on your highhorse and leave your guns at home son.
lol wut? Don't see any high horse or temper in that post...? Misquote?

ABS2011 probably one of the more mild-mannered posters.

calm your firey kiwi temper and hop back on your highhorse and leave your guns at home son.

Haha, righty ho then. I'm not into these race based fights, maybe you can find one someone else.....

I will help you out though ;)

Probably because I have no way of finding the stats

I suspect you didn't even bother to look, however, try foxsports.com.au they are on there.

And just for the record, it's OK for you to ask someone else for the stats:
Got the stats for how many he's let in on the last tackle there mate?
But when I suggest that you find the stats seeing as it was you making the claims I should calm my firey kiwi temper and hop back on my highhorse and leave my guns at home :)

Not sure where the logic is there...

Anyway mate, happy to avoid you in the future as you seem like a bit of a waste of time.

Take care bud.

lol wut? Don't see any high horse or temper in that post...? Misquote?

ABS2011 probably one of the more mild-mannered posters.

Misquote indeed. But at the end of the day if he gets offended by anything I say he obviously hasn't been around long enough to realise you just don't take me seriously. If it's an appology you want than I am sorry if I offended you ABs2011. However almost everything I say is in good humor. being part Kiwi/Samoan I wouldn't see myself as a race based fight starter.

Although for the record, I can find none of the stats for the Rugby Championship on Foxsports, which is a website I attend multiple times a day, so if you can find me some stats about how many missed tackles from Folau lead to a try than feel free to be condesending towards me.

Last edited:
Misquote indeed. But at the end of the day if he gets offended by anything I say he obviously hasn't been around long enough to realise you just don't take me seriously. If it's an appology you want than I am sorry if I offended you ABs2011. However almost everything I say is in good humor. being part Kiwi/Samoan I wouldn't see myself as a race based fight starter.

Although for the record, I can find none of the stats for the Rugby Championship on Foxsports, which is a website I attend multiple times a day, so if you can find me some stats about how many missed tackles from Folau lead to a try than feel free to be condesending towards me.
All good bro (no need to apologize!) - no point getting offended on an anonymous internet forum aye ;)
I'm in a bit of a rush so cant give you the exact stats, but they come via the fantasy rugby stats. How accurate they are Im not sure but thats about as good as you get from what I can find anyway.
Nah I aint been around that long, presumed you were a bit of a funny fullah, but thought I'd have you up anyway :)
Cheers.

All good bro (no need to apologize!) - no point getting offended on an anonymous internet forum aye ;)
I'm in a bit of a rush so cant give you the exact stats, but they come via the fantasy rugby stats. How accurate they are Im not sure but thats about as good as you get from what I can find anyway.
Nah I aint been around that long, presumed you were a bit of a funny fullah, but thought I'd have you up anyway :)
Cheers.

More weird than funny... But a good bloke... Just don't say anything bad about Digby Ioane... Woldog will send agent 47 to your house to assassinate you in your sleep if you say anything bad about Digby...

More weird than funny... But a good bloke... Just don't say anything bad about Digby Ioane... Woldog will send agent 47 to your house to assassinate you in your sleep if you say anything bad about Digby...

If you made a dig by Digby so to speak. Sorry, i didn't get enough sleep.

Digby looks like he is a rape victim of a HP printer gone bad

Cheers.

Woldog's been pissy since Digby left the Reds ;)

All these Digby jokes seems a lot like a Dig..by assassination.

Get it?

Latest posts