Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Round 8 Fixtures

Free State Cheetahs.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Western Province.png

Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein (Friday, 16:10 GMT)

Golden Lions.png
Natal Sharks.png

Ellis Park, Johannesburg (Friday, 18:00 GMT)

GWK Griquas.png
Blue%20Bulls.png

Hoffe Park, Kimberley (Saturday, 15:00 GMT)

Sharks at Ellis Park... No point watching I suppose.

The Sharks
15. SP Marais
14. Odwa Ndungane
13. Tim Whitehead
12. Heimar Williams
11. Lwazi Mvovo
10. Fred Zeilinga
9. Charl McLeod
8. Keegan Daniel (Capt)
7. Tera Mtembu
6. Justin Downey
5. Stephan Lewies
4. Peet Marais
3. Wiehahn Herbst
2. Kyle Cooper
1. Dale Chadwick

Replacements
16. Monde Hadebe
17. Danie Mienie
18. Edwin Hewitt
19. Brynard Stander
20. Cobus Reinach
21. Butch James
22. Jaco van Tonder

Owing to injures to Bresler and Wentzel, as well as du Toit's call up, we have brought in U21 second row Stephan Lewies. Great to see us staying in the union for once! I like the way Everitt and BMH handle themselves. Their interviews on Sharksworld have been great to see, and their selection policy is pretty fair and effective so far. Great to see some rotation with a goal of selecting a solid team, rather than for the sake of it. Can't help but feel Keegan needs a rest soon. Botes and Deysel could be brought back in next week I suppose.

Sharks at Ellis Park... No point watching I suppose.

The Sharks
15. SP Marais
14. Odwa Ndungane
13. Tim Whitehead
12. Heimar Williams
11. Lwazi Mvovo
10. Fred Zeilinga
9. Charl McLeod
8. Keegan Daniel (Capt)
7. Tera Mtembu
6. Justin Downey
5. Stephan Lewies
4. Peet Marais
3. Wiehahn Herbst
2. Kyle Cooper
1. Dale Chadwick

Replacements
16. Monde Hadebe
17. Danie Mienie
18. Edwin Hewitt
19. Brynard Stander
20. Cobus Reinach
21. Butch James
22. Jaco van Tonder

Owing to injures to Bresler and Wentzel, as well as du Toit's call up, we have brought in U21 second row Stephan Lewies. Great to see us staying in the union for once! I like the way Everitt and BMH handle themselves. Their interviews on Sharksworld have been great to see, and their selection policy is pretty fair and effective so far. Great to see some rotation with a goal of selecting a solid team, rather than for the sake of it. Can't help but feel Keegan needs a rest soon. Botes and Deysel could be brought back in next week I suppose.

Glad to see Danie Mienie getting another call-up. His Grandmother took today off from work to go to Joburg. She'll probably be in the stands cheering him on.

I just hope the Bulls win... even if it's just with one point. hell it could be the most boring match with a result of 3-0. Just as long as they win... UGH!!!

Bulls will step it up this weekend and beat the Griekwas convincingly
Sharkies should lift the voodoo cap from Ellispark, based on their capabilities and current form
WP will mess with the Cheetahs this time I think

The Cheetahs/W. Prov match was excellent! The last ten minutes a real nail-biter. (I got so nervous I ended up ff about 5 minutes of the game, just to see how it ended. I am such a wimp. :p )

das

Yes both games were good ones, happy for the Sharks but was expecting it, things are falling into place for them and it filters through to the players, the attitudes and the like.
WP/Cheetahs games was a thriller and again WP had a little luck but they pulled through. Seems where some teams teams struggle to win that WP struggle to loose - which is not a bad thing at all

At last the Bulls found form, great 2nd half
With a bit of luck they can make the semi's still

At last the Bulls found form, great 2nd half
With a bit of luck they can make the semi's still

Finally they show some great form! I hope it wasn't just a one-hit-wonder kinda performance.

They still have to play the Sharks at Loftus and the Cheetahs in Bloem. The game against the Cheetahs will be the decider for who gets the final semi spot.

2 guys stood out for me in the Griquas game, and coincidentally, it's the 2 guys that scored 2 tries in the match. Paul Willemse has been a revelation. for a guy of that size and weighing in at 130kg's he's very mobile. Another great prospect at Lock!! William Small-Smith, his first start for the senior team, and he just shows his class. for a youngster to perform so well in your run-on debut, speaks a lot. I'm really glad he got his chance and used it well.

Paul Willemse I tell you can replace Flip in the Bok squad today - he is pure class - at 4
William SS was also good agreed, he should get more chances

Where is that flanker that got he IRB junior award with Serfontein - Adendorf I think?

Paul Willemse I tell you can replace Flip in the Bok squad today - he is pure class - at 4
William SS was also good agreed, he should get more chances

Where is that flanker that got he IRB junior award with Serfontein - Adendorf I think?

He's with the Sprongbok Sevens.

Latest posts