• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WWE Unforgiven

S

St Helens RLFC

Is tonight. There are some decent matches on the card and I especially look forward to Jericho - Michaels, which should be one of the best efforts in recent years, providing HBK isn't actually injured.

I also look forward to seeing the scrambles as well. I just hope the Honk A Meter is going to make an appearance!

Surely this should come under Entertainment... Its not a sport IMO...

There is wrestling and WWE... WWE is faked and is for pure show with blokes who roid'd up to the nines... whereas the Wrestling at the Olympics is a genuine sport... You have two styles of Proper Wrestling which is recognised by the Olympics - Freestyle (which allows you to use not only their arms and bodies, but also their legs and can take a hold of their opponent anywhere that allows them to overpower and gain total control of them) and Greco-Roman (where your only allowed to use their arms and upper bodies to subdue and control their opponent and were only allowed to touch their opponent in the arms and upper bodies.)

But the entertainment and the wrestling cross over. Especially in TNA. I've been watching wrestling, both "faked" wrestling and Olympic style wrestling, since I was 6 and I have always considered it a sport.

If its classed as a sport by Sky Sports on their news website then thats all the proof I need! I fully back SHRFLC's decision! :p

No idea how the scrambles turned out, I know HHH will retain his ***le as his wife writes the scripts but it'd be cool if CH Punk was able to retain his ***le. How did Jericho vs HBK go?

I know, Jericho only managed to steal the ***le though after Randy Orton and his partners in crime gave CM Punk a kicking.

Anyone think CM Punk's going to make a victorious comeback to take back the ***le and then set up a showdown with Randy Orton?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 8 2008, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But the entertainment and the wrestling cross over. Especially in TNA. I've been watching wrestling, both "faked" wrestling and Olympic style wrestling, since I was 6 and I have always considered it a sport.[/b]
Well most sport is "entertaining" to watch....so when do we call a something a non-sport?

Probably when the result has been pre-arranged does it cease to become "sporty".

Thanks for taking this off topic :p

To be brutally honest, this section of the forum is empty as it is so anything to get the numbers up is welcome!

That reminds me, we need to get a TNA Wrestling thread going, thanks Gay-Guy, can you action that ASAP please?

I'm not happy with this being moved to Entertainment. Poll required.

Unforgiven was one of the best PPV'S for many a moon. All the scrambles were great and Y2J - HBK was a fantastic match. Who would have seen Y2J being champion at the end of the night. Nobody.

I haven't watched Raw yet but I would entirely expect Punk to get a rematch. However, a fued with Orton would be just what was needed to ease him back to action.

We definitely need a poll! Guys! Lets save the "Other Sports" section! Bring back Wrestling!

spoiler

Sadly I think they're setting up The Animal Dave Batista to get the ***le or at least fued with Randy Orton. Last night's RAW was pretty good, the tag team match with Rey Mysterio & Evan Bourne...wow, haven't seen such high flying antics for ages and Bourne's finisher is simply awesome.

Latest posts