Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eddie O'Sullivan

• Harry Viloen

• Jean Claude Skrela

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Feb 5 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Feb 5 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frank Hadden should not be on that list - Scotland have improved under him. Any coach who improves a team cannot be a bad coach.[/b]

He's achieved nothing and still shows a ridiculous bias towards Edinburgh, picking nobodies instead of form players from Glasgow.We've barely improved from the form under Matt Williams.
[/b][/quote]
Isnt the problem lack of players to chose from, I mean picking from only 2 teams?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 6 2009, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Feb 5 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Feb 5 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frank Hadden should not be on that list - Scotland have improved under him. Any coach who improves a team cannot be a bad coach.[/b]

He's achieved nothing and still shows a ridiculous bias towards Edinburgh, picking nobodies instead of form players from Glasgow.We've barely improved from the form under Matt Williams.
[/b][/quote]
Isnt the problem lack of players to chose from, I mean picking from only 2 teams?
[/b][/quote]

Exactly - finally something we can agree on, Danny.

I'm not saying Frank Hadden is a brilliant coach, but you could do a whole lot worse with Scotland than he has done. We're down to having just to professional Union clubs, and most of our talented players have gone over seas - he really doesn't have much to worl with.

Part of my reason for switching codes a cou was because Scottish Rugby League is on the up - our National side is improving fast, and the club scene is starting to develop, so much so that we might soon have out first professional Scottish Rugby League club in Glasgow (you heard it here first!) Rugby Union, on the other hand, has been in steady decline in Scotland over the last decade. Frank Hadden might no be the godsend that people said he was, but he was certainly a much needed breath of fresh air.

I cant see how anyone can citicise Haddon. He is at a disadvantage to the rest of the British nations yet they are still competitive. I thnk the guy deserves praise. 3 home games are as good a chance as any for the Scots to have a good 6N this year.

Matt Williams is Aussie, but I dont think he was a bad coach. I think he did not get the support he needed from the SRU. Does anyone get support from the SRU though?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nat @ Feb 6 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Matt Williams is Aussie, but I dont think he was a bad coach. I think he did not get the support he needed from the SRU. Does anyone get support from the SRU though?[/b]

Williams was terrible, he told the players they were crap which hardly helps with their psyche. Plus as soon as useless Hadden took over results improved dramatically and considering how bad FH is tells you something about the sour faced fool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nat @ Feb 7 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Matt Williams is Aussie, but I dont think he was a bad coach. I think he did not get the support he needed from the SRU. Does anyone get support from the SRU though?[/b]

Not really - they're pretty awful. It's because funding is so tight, though - the Italian Union get more money than the SRU do (and it's showing in the improvement they've had).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Feb 7 2009, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nat @ Feb 6 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Williams was terrible, he told the players they were crap which hardly helps with their psyche. Plus as soon as useless Hadden took over results improved dramatically and considering how bad FH is tells you something about the sour faced fool.
[/b][/quote]

well Williams has always been an honest in your face coach, there's no bullshit from him, the fact that the players whinged and moaned under his tenure shows they're not up for the fight, there's undoubted talent in the Scottish squad and there has been for a number of years, Williams brought a lot of that through but Hadden has made very little of that.

Latest posts