What film have you just seen?

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by RC, Oct 26, 2008.

1. TRF_Olyy

TRF_Olyy English Arrogance

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Sale

I might have to watch it again at some point - probably after a while so I've forgotten a bunch of it.
    I definitely wasn't in the right frame of mind for a slow burner (sleep deprivation + long haul flight =/= strong attention span).
    I'm, generally, a big fan of Tarantino ('s films) so I should probably give it a fair shot.

After I learned he has a massive foot fetish all the shots of women's bare feet seem reeaallllyyyy tacked on though - like it got to the point I was laughing every time a girl showed her soles to the camera for generally no reason.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. The Alpha Bro

The Alpha Bro Fat Boi

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Just watched Prisoners, absolutely fantastic film, so ****** up and gripping til the end!

4. big ginger 8

big ginger 8 International

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Prisoners is great love Gyllenhaal in it. He was on a brilliant run then. Thinking about it it really had an excellent cast and Villenvue was a really good director getting his shot. Should check out Sicario if you haven’t seen it.

5. ragerancher

ragerancher International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

Just saw anchorman 2 on E4, the whole "the bat is the chicken of the cave" thing is slightly unfortunate at the moment...

6. RugbyUSA

RugbyUSA Bench Player

Country Flag:

United States

Club or Nation:

Brumbies

Expecting Trump to read anything is asking too much. A reporter once asked him if he likes to read and he said no. He wings everything which is evident in his poor speech.

7. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

I don't know who is in charge of our local Netflix content, but this weekend they added the following movies to their list:

Outbreak
    The Flu
    World War Z

8. RedruthRFC

RedruthRFC First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

England

Pandemic is still trending top 10 in the UK!

I'm hitting the streaming services at the moment so a couple of random things I came across / caught up with:

Wild Rose. I half fancied it when I saw a cinema trailer for it. About a Weegie from the wrong sides of the tracks with aspirations of becomming a country singer. Well acted with enjoyable music, but a bit thin on plot. A pleasant enough way to spend 100 minutes with a wife with different tastes in cinema to me.

Supersize Me 2. Morgan Spurlock sets up his own chicken takeaway. Didn't enjoy it as much as the original, but it was still a good watch. The focus is a bit different this time, there's still coverage of the tricks of the restaurant trade, but also of the chicken farming industry in the states (Big Chicken) which won't come as too much of a surprise to anyone who watched the Rotten episode on chicken farming.

9. ncurd

ncurd International

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

His great work IMO is Arrival but I also love 2049 and Sicario. Really interested to see what does with Dune.

10. big ginger 8

big ginger 8 International

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Yeah, I think Arrival is really good. Wasn't as mad on Blade Runner, thought it was good but it didn't meet the hype for me. Really looking forward to Dune, finished the book a while ago, and while it was somewhat underwhelming, I think there's good scope for a modern film from it. Especially with such a great cast.

11. Which Tyler

Which Tyler First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

Frozen 2
    Well, they really pulld out none of the stops for this one

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!