• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

It's a shame because I think Adam Driver really deserves it for Marriage Story for a far less showy performance.

Gerwig completely snubbed though and her editor deserved some recognition as well.
Agree, Driver would be my choice. The nuance of his performance impressed me a lot more than Phoenix's in-your-faceness.

I just watched SERPICO on crackle.com, which stars a young Al Pacino as a undercover NYPD officer. It's a very gritty and captivating American classic movie. Crackle is a free streaming service owned by SONY. They show some great classic movies from time to time and are well worth looking up. :)

Last edited:
12124.jpg

No Country for old men. Not seen it for ages, but bought it because I really wanted to watch it again for Javier Bardem's performance.

Now watching a History of Violence - another very underrated film.

No Country for old men. Not seen it for ages, but bought it because I really wanted to watch it again for Javier Bardem's performance.

Now watching a History of Violence - another very underrated film.
Both are great (as well as Eastern Promises if you enjoy History of Violence) but No Country is so good. One of my favourite movies.

Parasite won best picture, best screenplay, best director and best international film at the Oscars.
Damn I really need to see that movie - literally only heard good things

Rewatching old films on my NAS. Last week Tombstone. What a classic western! Val Kilmer top class as Doc Holliday.

The French Connection (starring Gene Hackman) is now on Hulu. It's a cinematic classic about the mean and gritty streets of New York City, before the hipsters.

frnchconctn.jpg

Once upon a time in Hollywood. Not bad, but Tarantino trying to reimagine the Manson killings. Those not aware of the historical events would think Sharon Tate played by Margot Robbie didn't have a scratch on her as opposed to being brutally murdered whilst 8 1/2 months pregnant.

Well, it is a character study of a man becoming completely broken and transforming into another character. I thought everyone involved did a marvelous job.

Well that's your opinion. I was hoping to see one of the making of one of the most fearsome villains in fiction and it at no point showed me that

Well that's your opinion. I was hoping to see one of the making of one of the most fearsome villains in fiction and it at no point showed me that

It's an origin's story about how the Joker came to be and how the society of Gotham exacerbated and shaped an already mentally ill man to become the Joker. In the end I found myself questioning whether what I saw was real or what was happening was just all in Arthur's head and him stuck in Gotham Asylum telling his sick story to the psychiatrist, whom he possibly kills. That was the dark, sick moment. But that is one possible interpretation.

I actually liked it. I think they did a marvelous job in getting the crazy-part right with that laugh and his maniacal way of going from a timid person to a psychopath. Origin stories have a tendency to have mixed reviews, so I get why some didn't like it.

Latest posts