• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are you listening to?

Also it's a good way for me to compartmentalize bands. Like there's probably less than 10 bands I'd buy an album for but I almost certainly do it day 1.

I don't even have my record player plugged in right now though.

Definitely been trying to listen to albums in totality more though. New vaccines and vampire weekend have been good.
Yeah I try and listen to new albums to start to finish at least a few times before they just get absorbed into shuffle/playlists

Streaming has gotten me really bad for remembering tracks/even some artists - there are bands I consider some of my all time favourites but I'd struggle to name more than a handful of songs let alone album ***les because I just shuffle their discography

Vinyl is great!

First off its absolutely created in the same way as old in that are pressed certainly. Will be different to how compression works from the masters to the pressing vs MP3. Of course somepressing are better than others and the transfer matters.

But none of that matters vinyl is all about aesthetics.

1) I like the look of a turntable and seeing a record go round it has something that probably only a cassette can replicate (and better sound)
2) The other is the personal nature of it, you have to take effort to play the music. Turning the record every 20ish mins. If you have friends around it means you are taking time to select music every 20mins even in the background. You are putting an effort into the ambience rather than just letting an app do all the work.

I'm not an expert,but I've heard before that the vinyl sound is slightly different from the one you can hear on cd/in your headphones. "High" sounds are a bit different, and personally I can hear this light difference: when I'm listening a single on the cd and then I'm listening the same single on vinyl, it sounds a bit different on some moments,and I prefer the vinyl sound.
I'm collecting vinyls of my favourite singer (and want to start collecting some vinyls of my favourite Soviet singers as well), I started to collect it at the age of 13-14 y.o.,so already have a pretty big collection :) also, picture vinyls were very rare something like 15 years ago,and I was really happy to get some of those picture vinyls but now they became very popular. Picture vinyls, "marble" vinyls, transparent vinyls, colour vinyls...they all look very beautiful, it's a pleasure even to keep it in your arms :). Plus, some artists have very rare colour vinyls that you can only preorder in advance if you collect different stuff with your favourite singer/band. Latest one I got, was a golden vinyl and also a very rare red set of vinyls of my favourite singer - it looks amazing!

a very rare red set of vinyls of my favourite singer
Will correct myself: a very rare crystal red set of vinyls. Having that many rare collectible vinyls of my favourite singer,that already forgot how some of them look like 😝 ). Actually bought this album in usual black vinyl set to listen to,and in collectible crystal red just to look at it and feel an aesthetic pleasure 😜
IMG_20221201_211448.jpg

Vinyl is great!

First off its absolutely created in the same way as old in that are pressed certainly. Will be different to how compression works from the masters to the pressing vs MP3. Of course somepressing are better than others and the transfer matters.

But none of that matters vinyl is all about aesthetics.

1) I like the look of a turntable and seeing a record go round it has something that probably only a cassette can replicate (and better sound)
2) The other is the personal nature of it, you have to take effort to play the music. Turning the record every 20ish mins. If you have friends around it means you are taking time to select music every 20mins even in the background. You are putting an effort into the ambience rather than just letting an app do all the work.
Really well put. I like the sleeve art, photos, lyric books etc that goes into vinyl. Some artists seem to really put effort into it. My other half loves Ed Sheeran and his vinyl is pretty low effort.

Love record stores, just flicking through vinyl, checking out the awesome covers. Finding the odd diamond.

Latest posts