• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Western Province v Lions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 13 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 14 2009, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Murray did more in those 18 minutes under pressure then Vickery has done all tour. I think that should settle the tight head arguments once and for all.[/b]
Someone remind me - when exactly did Tommy Bowe turn in to a rugby football genius?
[/b][/quote]
When he signed for the greatest rugbying club known to man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 14 2009, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I haven't been here much recently so I haven't gauged everyone else's reactions, but it isn't just me that think the Sky commentary is a load of biased and inept waffle, right?[/b]

yupp, I agree 100%
I'm praying that the BBC will one day get the rights for Lions Tours, National Tours to the SH, the Heineken Cup, Guinness Premiership and pretty much anything else rugby related. Sky are just **** at it, and today I ended up during off the sound and listening to Radio Cymru's Welsh commentary instead.

On the Tommy Bowe question, it was 2 seasons ago when he just started scoring loads of tries for Ulster. Then signing for the Ospreys seems to have really improved his game too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 14 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On the Tommy Bowe question, it was 2 seasons ago when he just started scoring loads of tries for Ulster. Then signing for the Ospreys seems to have really improved his game too.[/b]
It's a bit more than that. He was key for Ireland in the Grand Slam, but what he's doing now is different - finding space, weighing passes, creating stuff that you wouldn't think possible. He's executing moves precisely, but then some super-awareness kicks in and opens things up for the supporting players.

We'll see how he goes in the tests. Could become an all time great?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 14 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 14 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the Tommy Bowe question, it was 2 seasons ago when he just started scoring loads of tries for Ulster. Then signing for the Ospreys seems to have really improved his game too.[/b]
It's a bit more than that. He was key for Ireland in the Grand Slam, but what he's doing now is different - finding space, weighing passes, creating stuff that you wouldn't think possible.

We'll see how he goes in the tests. Could he become an all time great?
[/b][/quote]

Very true, mine was just a simplified version :p
I think playing at the Ospreys has helped him develop those skills though, maybe more playing with players like Gavin Henson and Shane Williams more than working with their coaching staff.
He really can become an all-time great if you ask me, I think there's a few on the tour who can, especially the likes of Lee Byrne, AW Jones and (the unfortunatly now injured :() Stephen Ferris.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William18 @ Jun 13 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Lions will probably continue to win in unconvincing fashion which they seem to do most of the time.[/b]
Yeah, they did this. Things don't look good for the tests unless the Lions have a lot more up their sleeves.

The test team is now taking shape. Anyone selected for Tuesday will be gutted as that is a clear indication that they will miss out on Saturday.
Players who are definately in(IMO): Mears,Vickery,AWJ,O`Connell,Croft,Heaslip,Phillips,Bowe,Roberts,BOD,Byrne
Players who are close to selection: Jenkins/Sheridan,Wallace/Williams,ROG/Jones,Moyne.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 14 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 14 2009, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't been here much recently so I haven't gauged everyone else's reactions, but it isn't just me that think the Sky commentary is a load of biased and inept waffle, right?[/b]

yupp, I agree 100%
I'm praying that the BBC will one day get the rights for Lions Tours, National Tours to the SH, the Heineken Cup, Guinness Premiership and pretty much anything else rugby related. Sky are just **** at it, and today I ended up during off the sound and listening to Radio Cymru's Welsh commentary instead.

On the Tommy Bowe question, it was 2 seasons ago when he just started scoring loads of tries for Ulster. Then signing for the Ospreys seems to have really improved his game too.
[/b][/quote]

100% disagree!

Sky **** all over the BBC.

God... just the thought of the smug brothers (Inverdale & Guscott) gives me nightmares!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 13 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lions Tighthead. Everybody drink!

Anybody want to point out to CoD how much better the Lions scrum has been for the past 13 minutes... :rolleyes:

Outstanding kick from Hook.[/b]

Nothing to do with the inept sub from WP though eh?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 13 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lions Tighthead. Everybody drink!

Anybody want to point out to CoD how much better the Lions scrum has been for the past 13 minutes... :rolleyes:[/b]
My point that Vickery remains a better all-round player to Murray's better scrummaging still stands, though. And in a tight spot with the pressure on, I'd certainly rather rely on a bit of traditional English beef and phlegm. Cornish chaps tend to lack the nobility of a true English gent but they have always been as sound and reliable. Vickery is a man of good stock, and a fine specimen to boot.

Would anyone else be not in the least bit surprised if the ghastly O'Connell picked up a mystery 'injury' in the next few days? I'd certainly pick the chap Hines above him, a fine piece of Highlands beef. I feel that Shaw ought to have been given the opportunity to start a game by now, but he still might have a chance in the second or third test depending just how badly Botha and Matfield make mincemeat out of the two Irishmen I expect 'Geech' to pick. As it is, in the predicted absence of Shaw, who really is a magnificent beast and a fantastic product of the Empire, I'd look for both Hines and the Welsh chap Wyn-Jones, who seems a decent fruit despite not quite having phlegm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Count of Devonshire @ Jun 14 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
really is a magnificent beast and a fantastic product of the Empire,[/b]

You do realise we are in the year 2009 don't you? Where are you posting from.... India?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Jun 14 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 14 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jun 14 2009, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yupp, I agree 100%

[/b][/quote]

100% disagree!

Sky **** all over the BBC.

God... just the thought of the smug brothers (Inverdale & Guscott) gives me nightmares!
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I agree too, BBC are far inferior to Sky's coverage.

I would have Stuart Barnes and Miles Harrison over Eddie Butler and Brian Moore any day. They're awful.

However I do think Andrew Cotter and Nick Mullins are great commentators and hopefully won't be resigned to the Scotland/Italy etc games all the time. Inverdale is OK but Lazenby is a lot better in my opinion, and even better than him is Alex Payne who is brilliant on the Super 14 show and will probably fill Simon's boots in the future.

What?

Sky's rugby coverage is laughable!

Does anybody even watch Rugby Club? They seem to think that rugby doesn't exist outside of England. They even have an England player scoring in the opening credits. So much for unbiased...

Sky only cover the Premiership and HEC. Doing coverage/reports for the Top 14 or ML would be like ford making adverts for BMWs.

The reason the Rugby Club is **** poor is due to Dewi Morris and Stuart Barnes believing their own hype. And the distinct lack of rugby coverage in between their inane ramblings.

Tommy Bowe is class. Could become a legend if he continues in this vain.

William18: "Yeah, they did this. Things don't look good for the tests unless the Lions have a lot more up their sleeves."

By the by, that was a pretty weak Lions side... Who improved vastly and beat the best SA have to offer... Besides the test players of course. Our full 15 will be on a different level.... Still not convinced we'll be able to do a job on SA though. Might be able to surprise them in the first test, however.

BTW: Sky > BBC.

The End.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 14 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

William18: "Yeah, they did this. Things don't look good for the tests unless the Lions have a lot more up their sleeves."

By the by, that was a pretty weak Lions side... Who improved vastly and beat the best SA have to offer... Besides the test players of course. Our full 15 will be on a different level.... Still not convinced we'll be able to do a job on SA though. Might be able to surprise them in the first test, however.

The End.[/b]

S4C > Sky ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 14 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 14 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The End.[/b]

S4C > Sky ;)
[/b][/quote]

Epic_Fail.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 14 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 14 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 14 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The End.[/b]

S4C > Sky ;)
[/b][/quote]

Epic_Fail.jpg

[/b][/quote]

Wasn't meant to be cute so cai dy geg :p
Though, that girl is quite fit tbf... ;) jocanw...

Latest posts