• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wear the Rose ad

Is it any worse than Tom Cruise becoming a better Samurai than most actual Samurai in The Last Samurai?

I was thinking the exact same thing. And the whole video kinda gave me the idea that they copied that movie into this promo.

But who wouldn't want to be a samurai?? They are badass!!

If the RWC was in China, I bet there would have been some Kung-Fu promos too...

Is it any worse than Tom Cruise becoming a better Samurai than most actual Samurai in The Last Samurai?
I missed this, no it's exactly the same and there was huge controversy about it when it came out for that reason.

Actually I don't think he was depicted as being better it was an updated version of the vastly superior Shogun (I still like the film).
I
just wanted to point it out.

Imagine the outrage if they'd strapped on full plate armour and went charging through the Japanese country side on destriers instead

haha stupid as it can be!
Rugby players trying to "act" always look stupid. there are two types of Rugby comercials: funny and emotional. I go with funny

I missed this, no it's exactly the same and there was huge controversy about it when it came out for that reason.

Actually I don't think he was depicted as being better it was an updated version of the vastly superior Shogun (I still like the film).
I
just wanted to point it out.

I'll say a lot of people think Tom Cruise in that movie is the "last samurai" but the whole point is that the last true Samurai is Ken Watanabe's character. So really it should be "Tom Cruise knew The Last Samurai"

I'll say a lot of people think Tom Cruise in that movie is the "last samurai" but the whole point is that the last true Samurai is Ken Watanabe's character. So really it should be "Tom Cruise knew The Last Samurai"
Actually I prefer the ***le idea that it refers to the collective as Samurai is the plural of Samurai. It could called The Last of the Samurai.

Latest posts