TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
CASI
For those of you who haven't seen it

[video][/video]

What on earth were they thinking?

I mean there a genuine issue of the age old trope of 'whitey coming over to save the foreign savages' the book Shogun comes under a similar criticism which is based on historical fact, its not a view I share about the book but the trope is real.

On the other hand the Japanese have exported and created their culture (expecially historic) into a massive commodity. As a woman you can go Kyoto, get dressed up as a Geisha and have the makeup applied and go for a photo shoot around the historic quarters. Yet other people would tell you its wrong a cultural appropriation.

All I'm saying is I can understand why some object, personally I think its upon the people of Japan not people like me.

Can't wait for this the last samurai 2: The legend of the no arms tackler, to come out.

TBH I doubt the japanese are upset with this, asia on the whole do seem to like it when western civilisations embrace their culture BUT a lot of 2nd/3rd generation etc Asian migrants do have issues with this sort of stuff which is also understandable to an extent.

Basically I like the production but the execution of it is as bad as one of Owen's tackles.

All I'm saying is I can understand why some object, personally I think its upon the people of Japan not people like me.
The only people I've seen up in arms are Welsh, Scottish and Argentinian

Go figure.

I very much doubt anybody outside western countries would find this offensive.

I think it's quite funny how solemn and dignified everything is, from the music to the slow motion.

I do think it's a bit of an insult to japanese advertising, which is usually outlandish and strange in every aspect: anybody remembers that one with Nigel Mansell stealing a xerox machine or something and then eating a strawberry for no reason?

Wait I'll just link it;

mmmmm, goood.
lol

I am not up in arms. I just think it's hilarious and a bit hypocritical.
Where was this creativity when NZ hosted the world cup?
Cant help picturing the English team on shorts, covered in Maori tattoos, patu on one hand, dancing a haka... I'm sure the locals would have loved it.

Or why go that far. Next time you play Scotland have the English go with kilts, swinging claymores and bagpipe music while chanting "wallace, wallace, wallace".

Think the 2011 campaign was based around pie and a pint for breakfast,

If you had an O2 simcard (I picked one up for free from the shop) you could claim two cans of beer and two breakfast pies (which were rank) and an England flag - shipped to your door in a cooler with ice packs. Was a pretty cool idea.

Edit:

Think the 2011 campaign was based around pie and a pint for breakfast,

If you had an O2 simcard (I picked one up for free from the shop) you could claim two cans of beer and two breakfast pies (which were rank) and an England flag - shipped to your door in a cooler with ice packs. Was a pretty cool idea.

Edit:

That was legitimately terrifying until Jonny showed up, he'd never let anything bad happen.

But ...I'm not offended for cultural appropriation...
I am as far and away from sjws as it gets.

I think it is dam right stupid which is a completely different thing.

In what way?
You are right. I take that part back. I was generalizing and shouldn't have done that. My bad.
Thanks for pointing it out.

But ...I'm not offended for cultural appropriation...
I am as far and away from sjws as it gets.
Yeah? That's exactly what you're complaining about and describing here;

Cant help picturing the English team on shorts, covered in Maori tattoos, patu on one hand, dancing a haka... I'm sure the locals would have loved it.

Or why go that far. Next time you play Scotland have the English go with kilts, swinging claymores and bagpipe music while chanting "wallace, wallace, wallace".
Speaks volumes that you went off like you did, get shown up a couple of times and refuse to backtrack at all aside from the English hypocrites bit which made absolutely no sense anyway unless I'm unaware of a load of English folk losing their rag over Harajuku fashion or whatever it's called in Japan. Also giggling at you using SJW unironically, I find it always tickles a bit more when those who bandy that term around with such distaste often describe themselves without realising and are most outraged of them all.

I don't even like the video very much (I find it a bit cringe) but at least be honest and its a shame you can't apologise.

No, its'not.
The only thing that speaks volumes here is your reading comprehension or lack thereof.

Is it any worse than Tom Cruise becoming a better Samurai than most actual Samurai in The Last Samurai?
I dont think it's a matter of better of worse. I think it's just silly. It'd be like supporting team A while using B team's colours.
Tom Cruise wasn't representing his country.

Latest posts