• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Watching Scotland Ireland in Rome before going to Italy Wales

Kevin Shaw

Academy Player
Hi,

What's the best option to catch the early game before seeing Italy Wales at the Stadio Olimico?

I don't think it's practical to try to get to the game after Scotland vs. Ireland is finished.

Does anyone know if they show the early game in the stadium?

Any help and advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kev

I think you're right that trying to watch the game in town then travel is not going to work. I went to Italy-Scotland a few years ago, it was the earlier game so not the same but I wasn't able to get away in time to catch the later game KO. I remember bars with screens outside the stadium, there is a very lively scene outside the stadium, so they may well show the game but don't hold me to that.

What you will find is that none of the locals know/care what is going on! The Italians really do not care about rugby, it's a very niche sport. So finding places to watch is hard - there is an Irish bar but I don't remember the name, sorry. It's known amongst the British Erasmus community as the place to watch the 6 Nations, quite central. Name escapes me

Thanks.

I lived in Rome for a year in the early 1990's and I know where the Irish pub is.

That will be fine for the England France game on the Sunday (we are making a weekend of it).

I'll look at streaming options as well.

Any other feedback from forum members welcome!

Latest posts