• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v England - 10 days.

I know what you mean but at the very least I think we'll up our game from our first two outings.

The news I'm hearing on the grapevine is that 1/2p is fit. Now that has raised quite the conundrum... can you possibly consider putting a guy into a game of this magnitude when he hasn't played for 3 months... but 1/2p (a match fit one anyway) could defuse a lot of England's attacking kicking game.

All this in the knowledge that Gats rates him extremely highly.

... just thought that in addition to this that if 1/2p was selected, who do you leave out? Williams and Adams have probably been our 2 best performers thus far... but George always plays if fit... conundrums, conundrums o_O

I know what you mean but at the very least I think we'll up our game from our first two outings.

The news I'm hearing on the grapevine is that 1/2p is fit. Now that has raised quite the conundrum... can you possibly consider putting a guy into a game of this magnitude when he hasn't played for 3 months... but 1/2p (a match fit one anyway) could defuse a lot of England's attacking kicking game.

All this in the knowledge that Gats rates him extremely highly.

... just thought that in addition to this that if 1/2p was selected, who do you leave out? Williams and Adams have probably been our 2 best performers thus far... but George always plays if fit... conundrums, conundrums o_O

Not bad conundrums to have though! The selection of Halfpenny, if fit, alone will get Jones thinking. Course you're right, Wales always up there game for this one. Wasn't it 2013 when it was a shocker for England / Lancaster? I think I'll probably pre-med from the top shelf before this one kicks off.

Who's ref for this game? Has it been announced yet?

Who's ref for this game? Has it been announced yet?
Wales vs England: 4.45pm (GMT) 23 February 2019, Principality Stadium Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa) Assistants: Jérôme Garcès (France), Alexandre Ruiz (France) TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

It should be a cracker of a game, and obviously I'm expecting England to win (#Arrogance) but you really can't write Wales off at home.

I imagine England's selection will be much the same as the Ireland game, sans injuries. But the Wales selection is interesting, particularly 10 and 15.

I hear a lot about how Anscome is the future, but his defensive positioning has been awful: of the 4 tries Wales have conceded, his bad positioning has been a factor in 3. I'd argue it's directly responsible for two; Picamoles and Padovani. Biggar is rock solid defensively and in the air, and has a great kicking game, but he's the less attacking option

How is Williams at covering the back field, and organising the wings? I was under the impression he was pretty good at it, so I'm a little surprised at all the clamour for Halfpenny.

It should be a cracker of a game, and obviously I'm expecting England to win (#Arrogance) but you really can't write Wales off at home.

I imagine England's selection will be much the same as the Ireland game, sans injuries. But the Wales selection is interesting, particularly 10 and 15.

I hear a lot about how Anscome is the future, but his defensive positioning has been awful: of the 4 tries Wales have conceded, his bad positioning has been a factor in 3. I'd argue it's directly responsible for two; Picamoles and Padovani. Biggar is rock solid defensively and in the air, and has a great kicking game, but he's the less attacking option

How is Williams at covering the back field, and organising the wings? I was under the impression he was pretty good at it, so I'm a little surprised at all the clamour for Halfpenny.

As for Halfpenny (together with Kearney) he is the best defensive 15 around... his positioning and bravery are stellar. Liams great and all... but him replacing North due to 1/2 coming in at fb would leave no dangers from England's kicking game.

I don't think you will see many regular wales watchers claim Anscombe is the future, I'm sure they would all say Patchell. The jury's still out on Anscombe for me, I didn't think he could control a test match well enough before the France game and that just solidified my view.
England should be favourites, they have looked fantastic so far and Wales have looked disjointed in their two games so far.

I don't think you will see many regular wales watchers claim Anscombe is the future, I'm sure they would all say Patchell. The jury's still out on Anscombe for me, I didn't think he could control a test match well enough before the France game and that just solidified my view.
England should be favourites, they have looked fantastic so far and Wales have looked disjointed in their two games so far.

Yeah if everyone was fit I'd go Patchell, though I do like the idea of Patchell playing 12 too (think it was oj or Toot who suggested it the other day).

Can he manager the likes to Tulangi running at him? Owen Watkins is still only 22 and he is the future at 12, not sure if he will be ready to be starting 12 before the World Cup though.

Latest posts