• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

US record jobs growth again...

truthteller

Academy Player
263000 net jobs added to the US economy in April to 3.6% the lowest rate in 49 years and the most people employed in american history

These are monumental times in the US economy this is way ahead of even the reagan boom in the late 1980s
In addition wage growth has again risen ahead of inflation and the stock market has risen by 47% since the 2016 election

Social security has been frozen in line with inflation during this period, pensions has risen considerably and war veterans incomes have had increases beyond inflation

Mind boggling figures

Meanwhile obamacare has not been repealed

I know no one has a good word to say on trump but somehow the us economy is on fire

It's easy to take credit for the speed you can free wheel down a hill if someone else did the with cycling to the top. Obama took an economy sliding into the worst economic disaster since the great depression and left it as one of the fastest growing economies in the developed world yet got flak from the right. Trump, like many republicans had piggy baked on a democrat turning a bad economy round and claiming it as their own success.

I agree to a degree, I thought obama did a great job with the us economy in many ways and was in many ways a great president. I think he was given credit for that by the left and many others. To reinvest trillions in the infrastructure and obamacare and refinance the banks all at the same time in the midst of the disastrous credit crash took balls of steel. There were wasteful projects and obama was slow in countering the chinese and cheap imports. So yes I agree trump did inherit an economy with strong fundamentals. He has though done a good job with it in many ways and the figures should be applauded. I am not right or left I am disgusted by tories and labour in equal measure. But I do see the fact no one will say a good word about trump as pathetic. That is total bias and in many ways total cowardice, especially on the BBC. I have no respect for anyone doesnt have the fairness or the guts to see both sides of it. We saw a bonfire of regulations under bush and brown and blair. Obama went through it with a scalpel and dished out some whopping corporate fines too. Trump thus far has navigated economic waters very nicely and deserves some credit from people for that, sadly most in this country are too scared to say a good word about it for fear of being called a racist sexist. Instead of this fake virtue signalling lets say the truth, The econoy under trump is booming across the board. . The figures can be fiddled a bit but not that much.

Latest posts