• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/24 Round 14

Does top 8 auto qualify for Europe or is it by division?

Cause I'm about to hop on the benneton bandwagon.
Top 8 auto qualify. Got rid of division basis this year. However its top 7 of a team outside of the top 8 and from the URC wins the Challenge Cup, e.g. the Sharks.

We are a decent team when everyone available. We even rotated tonight. Yes the red helped but we were value for the win and it was some atmosphere. Felt like a final so credit to the Bulls fans and our own

But you need to keep in mind this isn't the same Lions team from the last two years. They're in top 8 contention playing at home with their altitude advantage. I see them as our toughest game remaining in the season as a Stormers supporter.
I'd like to clarify after the loss today I didn't state that we'd win all of the hard games ahead of us, just that the Lions would be the toughest for us to win. Realistically we aren't winning anything without Deon Fourie in our starting 23.

I'd like to clarify after the loss today I didn't state that we'd win all of the hard games ahead of us, just that the Lions would be the toughest for us to win. Realistically we aren't winning anything without Deon Fourie in our starting 23.
The Lions record is a bit flawed too as they have played alot of away games.

******* Ospreys only went and ******* did it. Shame they gave away the try they at the end giving Stormers the bonus point but we would've taken the bonus point win before the game.
Thought they'd bow out of the playoff race yesterday but wow.

Top 4 are jostling for position I reckon and then 5-11 is insane. This is a really great competition, very very few fleas rubbers whereas at this point in the pro12 about half of all games were.

******* Ospreys only went and ******* did it. Shame they gave away the try they at the end giving Stormers the bonus point but we would've taken the bonus point win before the game.
Yeah, great win. Morgan Morris picked up the official PotM award, but for me Deaves was the best player on the pitch. James Ratti was class too, as was Sutton.

Worried that bonus point at the end could really come back to bite them, especially with how tight the table is. Annoyibg thing is the Ospreys had held a Stormers player up moments before, forcing a maul, but allowed the Stormers player to get the ball out.

Oh well, as you said, a bonus point win out in SA is still a great achievement.

Yeah, great win. Morgan Morris picked up the official PotM award, but for me Deaves was the best player on the pitch. James Ratti was class too, as was Sutton.

Worried that bonus point at the end could really come back to bite them, especially with how tight the table is. Annoyibg thing is the Ospreys had held a Stormers player up moments before, forcing a maul, but allowed the Stormers player to get the ball out.

Oh well, as you said, a bonus point win out in SA is still a great achievement.
I agree with all those you mentioned but you know who else I thought played well (who I'm not a massive fan of) was Rhys Henry. Good shift from him.

Deaves is another who'll never make a Gatland squad as he isn't the required size.

Thought they'd bow out of the playoff race yesterday but wow.

Top 4 are jostling for position I reckon and then 5-11 is insane. This is a really great competition, very very few fleas rubbers whereas at this point in the pro12 about half of all games were.
Bulls and Leinster (both away) as our next 2 games, though. It's a big ask.

Sad for the loss but congratulations to the Ospreys. Even though the Welsh were good value for their win I can't help but feel frustrated with the way we approached the game.. Even though the tries we managed were beautiful we looked headless for large parts. I know we went from carrying a lot of injuries to Toetie era injuries after the LA Rochelle game but that is still a handy lineup. One I expected better from. But then again credit has to go to the Ospreys for traveling to CT and brining the pressure.

Squeaky bum time in terms of the play off race. If we can't manage we'll go from back to back finals to missing out.. All 4 remaining games are banana skins. Leinsters B side has given us close games in the past and now our own side will be half A, half C team. Throw in away games and an in form and hungry Lions to end on..

Yes, fantastic win for the Ospreys, notwithstanding conceding that penalty try right at the end. On the other hand, wtf has happened to the Scarlets this season? After leading for much of their match at Edinburgh, they collapsed in the last quarter.

Latest posts