• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ultimate Rugby Manager 2010

S

sean43

This is a very very very early idea about a new Rugby Management game based around the engine of the old USM 98. All I want at the moment is some suggestions and whether there is actually a market there (I think there is) for a game like this. It would featu

- Over 200 teams (just clubs at the moment)
- Guinness Premiership, Magners League, HC, European Trophy etc
- Business aspect, set ticket prices, food stalls etc
- Match reports
- Pressure of being a top rugby manager
- Simple yet very effective transfer system

What do you think?

you ****** you just got my hopes up about a new rugby game! and wasted my time!

Blackout Rugby is a pretty good (free) Rugby Union managment game. Plus, there's the advantage of being in a leauge with other player's teams, although -Arguably- the lack of licensed players and clubs may be a down to some.

Why did you have to say t 2010!? I too thought it was a new game. Being that its a very early idea its not likely that you will have this game out in 2010 is it?

What is USM 98 and how did you get the Engine? Do you have alot of programming experience?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Jul 28 2009, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why did you have to say t 2010!? I too thought it was a new game. Being that its a very early idea its not likely that you will have this game out in 2010 is it?

What is USM 98 and how did you get the Engine? Do you have alot of programming experience?[/b]

I'd kill for a decent rugby management game. Get everyone to petition SI maybe?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Jul 20 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is a very very very early idea about a new Rugby Management game based around the engine of the old USM 98. All I want at the moment is some suggestions and whether there is actually a market there (I think there is) for a game like this. It would featu

- Over 200 teams (just clubs at the moment)
- Guinness Premiership, Magners League, HC, European Trophy etc
- Business aspect, set ticket prices, food stalls etc
- Match reports
- Pressure of being a top rugby manager
- Simple yet very effective transfer system

What do you think?[/b]

Is Pro Rugby Manager 2005 good? Its the 2nd one in that series....if we can find out how to mod the rosters it would be good to use (graphics probly a bit crap). I havent actually played it but iv heard good things...

pro rugby manger 2 is from 2005. im still playing it and tbh is the best rugby game out graphics are poor but with updated squads it could really be good if a update was released

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sheridansharks @ Aug 8 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
pro rugby manger 2 is from 2005. im still playing it and tbh is the best rugby game out graphics are poor but with updated squads it could really be good if a update was released[/b]

Yeh it looked quite good. Think Im going to try order it soon and have a play around.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (monatu @ Aug 9 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sheridansharks @ Aug 8 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pro rugby manger 2 is from 2005. im still playing it and tbh is the best rugby game out graphics are poor but with updated squads it could really be good if a update was released[/b]

Yeh it looked quite good. Think Im going to try order it soon and have a play around.
[/b][/quote]

nvm

tried the demo - doesn't work on vista :(

monatu ive got it and it works on vista. i was playing it recently. i helped make prm embarrassingly.... even in the credits...! :D hah

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paddyknight @ Aug 16 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
monatu ive got it and it works on vista. i was playing it recently. i helped make prm embarrassingly.... even in the credits...! :D hah[/b]

you helped make it? You know how to edit rosters? :p

Yeh I couldnt get it to work - there was some security driver that was incompatible with vista and the game would never start because of it....Starlight or something it was called. and now its stuck on my computer and i cant remove the driver :/

I got PRM2.

But it always seems to f'n stuff up in the 2nd season of the NPC. The calender multiplies by 3. Arrgh.

I have some screenshots but the colours make it look ridiculous. Its a very very early build and it could take a long time! I appreciate any feedback (other than being called a ****** :) )

The colours are in 256 I think but I dont know how to change it (in display I have 16 bit and 32 bit, neither work)

Thought Id add one for you Munster men!

Looks like inverted colours. Also very sensible world of soccer-ish. If someone made sensi world of rugby as it was for footie, i'd cum in my pants.

Graphics don't have to be wow factor, just nice and neat and clean on menus. The enjoyment is in the gameplay. You need leagues, teams, clubs, and more options.. that is what it is all about.

Generally, keep it simple, lots of options for in-game tactics etc, but you don't really need to go into massive detail. Less is more. Make it enough so that you have to do it manually and involve some skill, like contract negotiations etc.

Latest posts