Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Green = Log Leader
Red = Wooden Spoon
Blue = Best achievement this round

The Log:

I was thinking of a nice game this Super15 season. I'm doing it for the Six Nations now on a Dutch football forum and it's a big success. Every round you have to predict the score of the games. Nothing new there, but I decided to take it to the next level. In this game you will not just get points for getting the winner right, but also if you guess the number of tries or the points scored by a team.

Predicting the result (e.g. home win, draw, away win) = 1 point
Predicting the number of tries for a team = 3 points
Predicting the number of points scored by a team = 5 points

An example would be easier to explain, so here we go:

Bulls - Crusaders: (3) 27 - 35 (1)
Brumbies - Chiefs: (2) 20 - 26 (2)
Sharks - Reds: (3) 33 - 28 (2)

The number between brackets is the number of tries.

Now, I will use the 2010 results to calculate the points:

Bulls - Crusaders: (3) 40 - 35 (4)
Brumbies - Chiefs: (3) 30 - 23 (2)
Sharks - Reds: (3) 30 - 28 (4)

Okay. In the first game I got 3 points for the Bulls tries, 5 for the Crusaders score. I was wrong on the prediction. That's 8 points for match nr. 1
Match number 2 I got the tries right for the Chiefs: 3 points
The 3rd match I had the tries for the Sharks (3 points), the points of the Reds (5 points) and the prediction (Sharks win) which gives me 1 point. 9 in total

Adding up that gives me 20 points for these 3 matches.

So, what do you think? If you want to participate, let me know in this topic and if there are enough people wanting to play (10 is the minimum for me) I will go through with it. The predictions have to be in before the kick off of the first match of every round.

Last edited:
Good idea, but not sure if I will be able to attempt weekly, had this issue a couple of times. So I will skip it.

There are 18 rounds in the competition. If you miss a round once or twice, it doesn't matter. I am not sure everyone will be able to participate every week. If you miss a couple of rounds but still score a lot of points, you can also win ;)

I won't be taking part, as I only really catch a few games per season so don't really know most of the teams/players/who's good/who isn't, but top work on sorting it all out (if it goes ahead)

I just want to give the people in this section something fun to follow and participate in during the season. I've done this on different forums and it was a huge success because of the whole format (Getting points for guessing the tries for instance)

I won't be taking part, as I only really catch a few games per season so don't really know most of the teams/players/who's good/who isn't, but top work on sorting it all out (if it goes ahead)

Come on Olyy, lack of knowledge and not seeing games didn't stop me entering the Heineken cup comp ... go on I dare you!
... No! I DOUBLE DARE you!

It's quiet easy, or the Crusaders or the Bulls will win it :)

Can we win a + rep like we used to do when participating in a similar predictions thread?

I don't know... I will give each winner of a round a + rep anyway ;)

Fine fine fine :p

Count me in

Bloody peer pressure!

And so begins Olyy's descent into the world of drugs and alcohol
peer_pressure_to_drink.jpg

I am rubbish at these things but I will give it a go!
Predicting the Sharks to win every match should give me quite a few points.

That's always my downfall in these things,
I always choose what I want rather than what I expect :p
I hate having to say that the team I like will lose :lol:

I hate having to say that the team I like will lose :lol:

Ditto that.... Heart above head most of the time...if I had my way the Highlanders would be Top of the league..simply for those whopper mullets.

Okay guys. I asked the admin to implement a table-functionality in the forum and I experimented with it a little. This is the way I will keep track of the scores and will show you guys who is leading the log ;)

note: It's just an example so I took the liberty to place myself top of the log since I won't be so lucky in the prediction game itself haha

Okay guys. I asked the admin to implement a table-functionality in the forum and I experimented with it a little. This is the way I will keep track of the scores and will show you guys who is leading the log ;)

note: It's just an example so I took the liberty to place myself top of the log since I won't be so lucky in the prediction game itself haha

Cheers for putting me at the bottom mate :p

Latest posts